raggie vs stew

raggie33

*the raggedier*
so i was craveing stew go to get the ingreinets lol soon as i left its started pouring cause a the hurcane i guess rements of it im soaked cause i dont drive then i put the meat in which was 8 bucks a lot a money to me i mean way to much i loaded it all up and i read the crock pot incorect it has warm high and low i figure warm was middle but no middlke is like just top keep warm the food so risking food posineing i guess lol now i wish i bough can stew lol i am a weirdo some days

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im glad i can make people smile .the coolest thing is the stew is good been cooking like 14 hours just added onion and will cook anohter hour or so i like the meat easy to chew and carrot cooked very good.i love crock pots i got a one between 5 and 7 quart for a good price

nethiker

Enlightened
:awman:

Warm on the crock pot should still keep the food over 140 degrees. The problem when you put it in cold on warm is that it takes forever to reach 140 degrees.

If the meat wasn't just warm for more than a couple of hours it should be fine. You should heat it up good for a while before you eat it though. If you have extra that you plan to save for later, you should cool it down as quick as possible. Putting the pot in ice water and stirring is the quickest.

When I do something like this (not when I'm cooking for others) I can't help thinking about the open air markets in Asia and how long the meat sits outside unrefrigerated. I then don't feel so bad about risking bad food.
Sorry to hear about your stew, hope it's still edible.

Greg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Crock pots can produce some amazing results that you just can't get any other way. There's something about slow cooking that allows the flavors and textures to mingle in delicious ways.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
it was awesume i aite the whole crock pot already.it was so good

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this another make-bindi-hungry-before-lunch thread or what? I swore to stop reading these, but I can't resist.

I wish I could have had some of your stew raggie! ;)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i wish ya was here bindi i like to cook .tomorow im makeing more.i love food. next time i wont by meat at publix i love publix but there meat cost to much.the mexican store is the cheapest but they dont understand what i say .but man they have good meat. and cheap pruduce .if ya ever make it to usa ill feed ya bindi.i never ever eat out i save my money for stuff to cook at home and i think i eat good