RARE MAGLITES

american lockpicker

Enlightened
Is a 7 cell C and D krypton bulb rare? Also its not like the normal ones it looks like the Maglite xenon ones. Also the package was marked 1985, came with a spacer and is made in Mexico.

willrx

Enlightened
With regard to the gold Mini-Mag they were put out by Mag Instruments in the early to mid 80's. Possibly as a promotion for the now ubiquitous Mini-Mag that is found just about anywhere. Notice the patent information on the brochure. One rep with Mag remembers them being sold to Neiman Marcus stores among others. There is surely a wealth of information here at CPF somewhere about them-likely in the Mini-Mag collecting forum.

7 cell bulbs are harder to find than others due to the lights being produced in smaller numbers. The early Magnumstar bulbs being referred to are interesting to say the least, I haven't been able to get a decent beam from them. The standard Krypton bulbs or the newer Magnumstar bulbs are a definite improvement. 6 cell bulbs are much easier to find-and brighter.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Here's one I got from our shop back in the late 80's sometime. Its was my ridealong for many years, mainly for protection if I ever needed it. I was already carrying SF's by then but I always had a big Mag around to.I kept the paper insert inside to keep the batteries quite.
Matt

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

airstream

Newly Enlightened
Can any one tell more about my 7c maglite?
serial number 0024057
Possibly the age of this model.
C:\Documents and Settings\z021123\Desktop\P4150001.jpg

Caesis

Newly Enlightened
Re: 4AA mini mag ontario, ca. and copy of mini mag by brinkman -4AA is 1 piece barrel

That 7C is just ... woah ... how's she do in use?