RARE MAGLITES

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
found it at Huston gun show 1985, it is a 1-piece barrel with the earliest tail cap small hole for xtra bulb, however the factory bulb last .5 second, retro fited a U/K 4AA bulb and works fine, must have been made on lunch, or poss. R&D dept. Has Ontario bezel, talked to Mag about it, they wanted me to send it to them so they could check it out, "No thank you" not sure I would get it back...mac
rolleye11.gif
DIXIE

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
I think some employe made just for fun or poss R&D dept. i got it in 1985, some one would have seen one by now if after market part - and all parts early production,merrimac

Flash-lite

Newly Enlightened
I bought this two maglites in germany.i even want to know the age of the 5c but i don't know where i can get the answer:thinking:...The solitaire flashlight in gold is from 1993. i really want to have an old 7d or 7c but in germany you can't get one of this beautiful lights...this link bring you to my flashlights:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42062027@N02/3878650090/

Last edited:

airstream

Newly Enlightened
It looks like this wasn't a maglite, it had a maglite lens cap. It might be a streamlight I guess. The head looks like a kel lite, but the switch doesn't. Sorry could get the picture attachment to work.
Thanks

08-13-2009 08:07 PM
airstreamRe: RARE MAGLITES
Can any one tell more about my 7c maglite?
serial number 0024057
Possibly the age of this model.
P4150001.jpg

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Thought i had more online images :thinking:

Still here one of my 'edc' 7C's gobbling up 5 emoli.

The other 2 x 7C's are much better condition, one with just a few light scratches, but still a good 98% :)
and the mint only comest out of the box for short periods, because it starts singing Barrry White songs to me :D,

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/Raoul_Duke_photos/09052009361.jpg

Here is the Minty 7C with a few of my 6C's ( old photo ) Hasn't been liberated from the box for a while now.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7303/dsc01166bj2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
How many can it eat?

5 exactly; My theory was when I went on the hunt was that
( 1 x 26700 = 70mm) 5 x 70mm = 350mm.
( 1 x C alks = 50mm) 7 x 50mm = 350mm.

But I think the emoli are slightly longer.

I use the FM SS tailcap, as it makes the tail end heavier than the old stlye short 7C tailcap, and it takes the tension out of the spring. I guess I could cut down the tail spring or mod for a more stock look.

I can get 6 x A123 M1's in a 6D...

BTW Donn, You should have 'hotmail' ( but I cant see it in my sent folder :thinking: )

( sorry for the slightly too large images, I have tried hard, but i'm a Baffoon when it comes to photos, and coulden't shrink it down right. I shall remove them if its over the limit....( I'm so dumb I cant even tell if they are too big or not)

Last edited:

Boudreaux

Newly Enlightened
WOW, J3004, you have a really bad case with all that orange and lime green.....

I always suspected that H1N1 might be related to NiMH.

Seriously, since many of us are elder flashoholics, please do not forget or procrastinate upon getting our "Seasonal Flu Immunization" and "H1N1 Flu Immunization" as soon as it is available. Contact your PC Physician or your local county Health Agency.

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice orange and lime Mags :thumbsup:

There is a store here that regularly carries 2D to 6D mags, but they are either black or blue, no other colours.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Oh no.. I became ill. The flashaholic-virus :twothumbs

I remember seeing a bunch of those now "odd color" D-cell Mags at WalMart years and years back. I wasn't as much of a flashaholic back then, and only walked out the store that day with a purplish 3D cell. Wish I had grabbed a couple of green ones.