• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn - Hardest Hitter

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think battery pack is include. You have an option Sony vct5 or lg. Vinh recommend lg for throw version, and Sony for flood version. Vinh mention you can order additional battery pack, but he didn't have the price yet. It take 6 cells. Cell cost $10 each. So we can assume additional battery pack will be $100-$130.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes the pack is included otherwise it wont work, inside the pack is 6 cells which vinh offers 2 options, the vtfc5 and 3500's. Former he recommends for the F version, latter 3500 10a's for the throw version.

So one pack with the light with cells swapped, any more as newlumen states is extra which he has not worked out cost wise yet.

:)

Skeeterg

Enlightened
WOW,1400 meters of throw is àmazing. I would love to see that in person. I think he said that was his furthest or am I wrong?

ven

Flashaholic
WOW,1400 meters of throw is àmazing. I would love to see that in person. I think he said that was his furthest or am I wrong?

Its not the furthest thrower at 500(ish)kcd ...........The k70vn as one example out throws it by 70(ish)kcd due to the large ,deep reflector over 6 smaller ones.

Its the highest output thrower if thats what you mean with 8000(ish)lm and 500kcd,the T6vn is not far behind though and probably 1/2 the size!!! However heat will not be as much of an issue on the rc40vn due to the mass. He does not have another light (for now) in his shop with those stats, the x60vn has less lumen but of a similar size and throw.

star_c_star

Enlightened
I have the x60vn.

However, the RC40vn thrower would be better all around. More power, around the same throw, and much higher build quality.

I am already getting the RC40vn flood, and if Vinh is still offering the throw version 6 months from now, I'll get the throw version. They would make a nice couple.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
In the review video I keep on saying I upgraded the battery of the RC40vnT from 5200mAh to 7000mAh if you go with the LG but I meant 7800mAh to 10,500mAh. I made this mistake becuase I keep on remembering the BC30Rvn numbers.

ven

Flashaholic
These are beasts, love the choice for F and T, great idea!!!

What heat sinking is done vinh?

Amazing work as always:cool:

star_c_star

Enlightened
I just received the shipping notification for my:

RC40vnF: Flood edition with large hot spot and bright spill beam
XHP70 Diffused Dome
Dual DriverVNX2, 3 LED per switch
Upgraded High Drain Sony VTC5 Battery Pack

I'm curious to see how the Dual DriverVNX2 works. I wonder if they can be programmed independently, although I probably wouldn't want to.

ven

Flashaholic
I would presume with the F version having 2, 3 leds each!, you could have them set up separate via each button.........pretty cool but not needed kind of thing.

Again a presumption, down to being able to operate each group of 3 LED's independently .

Skeeterg

Enlightened
I just received the shipping notification for my:

RC40vnF: Flood edition with large hot spot and bright spill beam
XHP70 Diffused Dome
Dual DriverVNX2, 3 LED per switch
Upgraded High Drain Sony VTC5 Battery Pack

I'm curious to see how the Dual DriverVNX2 works. I wonder if they can be programmed independently, although I probably wouldn't want to.
Hey,,if your close to ND. That is when you get the flashlight,shine the thing in the nite sky cause I might be able to see it.haha
I think if I did shine that thing around my neighborhood it would kick out the sensors for the street lights at night. Enjoy the light

VNguyen

Enlightened
Gosh, I'm trying to think of a practical purpose for 20,000 lumens. That's a crazy amount of light!! :)

For me it would be perfect for walking our dog. I got into these big lights to walk him at night. Somehow I ended up with throwers instead of flooders. As I'm typing this my little guy is in surgery. Just sitting here nervous and don't know what else to do🙁

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point, I don't think many of us have "practical" on our list of reasons for buying another flashlight. LOL

I have throwers that can see much farther than I can.

How's this for a practical use of a powerful flashlight. You can use it to burn the cardboard box it came in! Now where have I seen that before.....?

ven

Flashaholic
Regarding lumens and heat excluded, in honesty and where flood is concerned(and throw) can we ever have enough................i dont believe we can. There will always be a hunger for more and more..........human nature imho.

A 20,000lm flood beast out today, 6 months a 25k lumen flood monster.....................i know for a fact the people who have bought the 20k one would want the 25k

Throw the same, 1000kcd today, 2000kcd in a few month.............of course you will bite:D

The brighter the flood, the further it will reach out to a point you may get 500-1000kcd with flood................pure flood...............imagine that and look back in a few years to this!

200kcd from the F version............not a million miles away:whistle:

And dont forget, you need to go really to 80k lumens for it to look twice as bright............

Star for now 4 F versions will have to do:grin2:;):p

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding lumens and heat excluded, in honesty and where flood is concerned(and throw) can we ever have enough................i dont believe we can. There will always be a hunger for more and more..........human nature imho.

A 20,000lm flood beast out today, 6 months a 25k lumen flood monster.....................i know for a fact the people who have bought the 20k one would want the 25k

Throw the same, 1000kcd today, 2000kcd in a few month.............of course you will bite:D

The brighter the flood, the further it will reach out to a point you may get 500-1000kcd with flood................pure flood...............imagine that and look back in a few years to this!

200kcd from the F version............not a million miles away:whistle:

And dont forget, you need to go really to 80k lumens for it to look twice as bright............

Star for now 4 F versions will have to do:grin2:;):p

ven is a flashaholic !!!!!! and so am i !!!.. I want 40k lumens !!!

ven

Flashaholic
ven is a flashaholic !!!!!! and so am i !!!.. I want 40k lumens !!!

:D

I dont think its too far off with say several drivers and a mule..........., maybe a $2000-$3000 light with 10 or so xhp70's in the rc40 head...........