• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn - Hardest Hitter

easilyled

Flashaholic
Come on Daniel, look at all the practical reasons you have for your extensive AWESOME custom range of lights:p

I know Mark, I already don't have any practical reasons, but if I purchased a 20K lumen light, I think even my closest friends would decide to have me certified. :crazy:

Come to think of it, there was an electrical power cut in my house yesterday, but it only lasted 2 hours and was fixed before the sun had set. Otherwise I could have provided light for the whole of my suburb with the RC40vnF!! :grin2:

easilyled

Flashaholic
For me it would be perfect for walking our dog. I got into these big lights to walk him at night. Somehow I ended up with throwers instead of flooders. As I'm typing this my little guy is in surgery. Just sitting here nervous and don't know what else to do��

I hope your dog makes a good recovery. :thumbsup:

Saul Good

Enlightened
So the handheld LED light went from 10K lumens to 20K lumens in a few months; farewell HID, we had some good times :wave:

In terms of lumen output, definitely. When it comes to lumen output AND throw (and high output efficiency), HID still has the edge. The Xevision LX70 for example: 7500 lumens, AND over 1,300kcd. Of course, it's a $2600 light, but my point is that there aren't any LED lights that can touch that kind of performance... YET:) One popped up on eBay last week for $1600 Buy-it-now. I was relieved when it sold because I would given in and bought it.

P.S.- I generally agree with your post. I don't mean to sound contentious at all in my reply: -)

ven

Flashaholic
I know Mark, I already don't have any practical reasons, but if I purchased a 20K lumen light, I think even my closest friends would decide to have me certified. :crazy:

Come to think of it, there was an electrical power cut in my house yesterday, but it only lasted 2 hours and was fixed before the sun had set. Otherwise I could have provided light for the whole of my suburb with the RC40vnF!! :grin2:

Well , its all part of the fun/hobby/interest/tools , finding what you may want it to do for you, what size and fuel for the application, then to justify it for the said reason/s. I am sure being members of CPF we have a big head start for justification:D

Can "only" speak of 14-15k lumens of xhp70 goodness, and it is very very impressive to light up everything for a few hundred yards............It never gets tiresome...........never!! Just like ti customs with many trits you have, there will always be one around the corner, maybe still a triple, still ti or other nice metals, still with trits...........but a slightly different design or ano type.

Its good to have a variety, i know you have more than stunning EDC custom lights covered, you have your thrower covered...................how about flood? Do you have a flood beast, if not maybe a good option to add to your collection. Even throwers(very impressive) struggle to get past HUGE flood for me, just so much light all around and still enough to see into the distance for most uses.

I like both but edge to flood due to more useful, if it throws well and floods well then happy days! best of both worlds type of light.

One of my favs still today is the mm15vn, the 2x MT-G2's 5000k flood is very nice

easilyled

Flashaholic
Well , its all part of the fun/hobby/interest/tools , finding what you may want it to do for you, what size and fuel for the application, then to justify it for the said reason/s. I am sure being members of CPF we have a big head start for justification:D

Can "only" speak of 14-15k lumens of xhp70 goodness, and it is very very impressive to light up everything for a few hundred yards............It never gets tiresome...........never!! Just like ti customs with many trits you have, there will always be one around the corner, maybe still a triple, still ti or other nice metals, still with trits...........but a slightly different design or ano type.

Its good to have a variety, i know you have more than stunning EDC custom lights covered, you have your thrower covered...................how about flood? Do you have a flood beast, if not maybe a good option to add to your collection. Even throwers(very impressive) struggle to get past HUGE flood for me, just so much light all around and still enough to see into the distance for most uses.

I like both but edge to flood due to more useful, if it throws well and floods well then happy days! best of both worlds type of light.

One of my favs still today is the mm15vn, the 2x MT-G2's 5000k flood is very nice

You're quite right Mark, in that variety is the spice of life. I must admit that I don't have any monster flooders .... certainly none in the vicinity of yours. I just wouldn't have enough occasions to be able to use them with my urban lifestyle, without irritating the heck out of everybody.

Sadly, in this strange world of ours, its perfectly acceptable to blast loud music out and deafen everybody at all times. However if I was to do the equivalent with a flashlight, I'd probably be beaten up or arrested!!

ven

Flashaholic
I know what you mean, its not really "sociable" with big bright lights.......

Do you have anywhere open, maybe for walks(country parks or even planned holidays) as flood lights come into their own with these uses. I cant use most of mine local, not a chance really, more so for light pollution from street lamps:fail:

However the flip side gets me out and to park areas for a walk/exercise and use of some amazing lights.............after all they do deserve something nice to illuminate :laughing:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I know what you mean, its not really "sociable" with big bright lights.......

Do you have anywhere open, maybe for walks(country parks or even planned holidays) as flood lights come into their own with these uses. I cant use most of mine local, not a chance really, more so for light pollution from street lamps:fail:

However the flip side gets me out and to park areas for a walk/exercise and use of some amazing lights.............after all they do deserve something nice to illuminate :laughing:

Well I am going on holliday to Cornwall next month and we'll be staying in a house that's surrounded by fields. I plan to take my TK70 with me for that. :)

I'm sure that I'll take my Ti twisted Knurly as an EDC which provides a nice beam for short to medium range althought its certainly not a monster flooder!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
The worst thing about the RC40vn in either form is that I do have the land to justify it! My property is 500ms along one side, and then there is the neighbour's paddock running along a long valley with no houses in sight. I will try to resist!

My project for the winter is to grab my chainsaw and clear out some trees near my house. For firewood? No. Bushfires like the one in January last year that nearly took my house? No. It's because my lights can't shine through trees. Do I need help?! [emoji15]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
:laughing:

Strictly speaking it was goodbye last year.............tk75vn77 m around 21k iirc..............amazing beast
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?400812-TK75vn77-Ultimate-Flood-)

Fenix Tk75vn77
Sony vtc5
21530@ turn on
19573@ 30 sec
15697 high
5428 mid
63 low
11,000 lux

With only 11k lux , its certainly improved though and with similar lumens
:cool:

I dint measure these numbers... would be interesting for me to measure these numbers myself so we have a relative comparison

ven

Flashaholic
That's a good point, no doubt yours would be a bit lower and then maybe the rc40vnF would rule the roost!

GODOFWAR

Banned
That's a good point, no doubt yours would be a bit lower and then maybe the rc40vnF would rule the roost!

I think you're products will not last cuz you overpowered the flashlights and if it's good for keychain size flashlight to produce 700 lumens the original manufacturer would be happy to do it so I think your mod flashlights will not last more than a few uses

lumentia

Enlightened
Just my perception here that youre trolling but if you genuinely belive this, im not sure why because there's absolutely no evidence to back up your claims. Vinh's track record is impeccable and of the 30 or so Vinh lights that have arrived in my mailbox over the years there has only been one failure, and he absolutely stood behind it 100%. (It was an x40vn if you want to know)

I am sure the vast majority of his customers will echo the above sentiment. You don't build that kind of rapport with very vocal, fickle internet consumers by selling stuff that doesn't stand the test of real use.

Don't get me wrong there actually was one or 2 batches of lights that weren't holding up, tk61vn v4 and tube vn first gen if memory serves) but they were either discontinued or boost backed off to rectify the situation, and Vinh's warranty was 100%.

Vinh torture tests his lights to make sure they will hold up, and I'm not exactly easy on the ones I use alot. I have 100% confidence in Vinh's products (been a customer of his for about 3 years)