• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Recall of La Petitie Killer

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Fred,

got my Killers today.:twothumbs

They are very nice and so small:naughty:.

Is it possible to ship only the sleeve made of PEEK?

Greetings:wave:

Dirk,

I wish that were the case, but, no, the space for the PEEK sleeve has to be machined into the battery tube, to make it a permanent installation, and just to even fit well so that the battery will slide in and out as it should. So please send them back, sorry.

billybright

Enlightened
Hi Fred,
Sorry to hear about the problems with the LPK
Mine arrived today, but alas also DOA

No worries though,
I'm also shipping it back today for the reverse polarity converter option :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great customer service! Just a little bump in the road. I look forward to picking one up when everything is ironed out. Might be the only light that could kick my arc aaa off my keychain.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been said before but here is some clear evidence of a
domestically-designed and manufactured US of A product where the honesty and integrity of the designer/builder shines and the pride in workmanship is once again evident. This the epitomy of a stand behind your product manufacturer. Thanks Fred, for rekindling the confidence!:twothumbs

Karl

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hi Fred,
Sorry to hear about the problems with the LPK
Mine arrived today, but alas also DOA

No worries though,
I'm also shipping it back today for the reverse polarity converter option :thumbsup:

Thanks!

+1
As per my email Fred, I've opted for the reverse polarity converter too.

Chief-Yeah

Newly Enlightened
upon further reflection I think I may send mine back to you for repair,could you PM me your address please,thanks.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is on it's way back for an overhaul. I'll wait on the reverse polarity board on mine.

Thanks!

StrayLight

Enlightened
Mine shipped back this week. I put a note in the package re: PEEK sleeve and solder blob. I don't really want to wait (or pay extra) for the reverse polarity business. Thanks, Fred.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine shipped thursday. Since I was in a hurry I forgot to include a note. I sent it back for a PEEK sleeve as well.

Eric

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE RE PEEK SLEEVE OPTION

After a bit of trial and error, I believe that I've got the fitting of the PEEK sleeve under control--and I only ruined one battery tube doing so. :D

Here is the PEEK sleeve, by itself inside the battery tube. The 357 battery now slips in and out pretty easily. Note that the top edge of the sleeve has a bevel to it to facilitate the insertion of the battery:

PEEKSleeve.jpg

And this is with the battery installed, showing plenty of clearance above the cell to provide isolation in any position of the cell withing the battery tube:

PEEKSleeve357.jpg

Now comes the very boring, no pun intended, job of reworking the 98 battery tubes to fit the PEEK sleeve, as well as the machining of the PEEK sleeves themselves.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the light doesn't flicker at all--it just turns on to full brightness at once.

Last edited:

Uriah

Enlightened
Hi Fred,
1 reverse polarity converter upgrade for me light is on it's way.
Thanks so much for ALL your hard work!!

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally some shipments have and are being made!

These are the PEEK-sleeved Ti Killers, and they have been mailed today, or will go out early tomorrow to these folks:

X_marine
Chipwillis
blitzlicht65
Eric242
BugOutGear_USA
StrayLight
billybright
Griff
pauly
glockboy
Groundhog66

Thanks to everyone for their patience. I am still awaiting the reverse polarity converters and will get those out ASAP, once they arrive.