Recommend me a good photography forum

wedlpine

Enlightened
If you shoot Minolta or Sony dslr then try www.dyxum.com. Even if you don't shoot Minolta or Sony, it is a place of great knowledge. It is a very friendly place, the moderator "Kiklop" doesn't stand for anybody being rude. They have strict rules about what can be posted or not. I have been a member for several years now and it is a great bunch of people.:twothumbs

Colorblinded

Enlightened
That's one of the reasons I like him. He tells it like he sees it, and get's under a lot of so called photographer's skin. :twothumbs

Photography is an art form. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like his work, along with a lot of other people. Anyone who criticizes him has an inferiority complex, and needs his advice more then the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Who's more pathetic a guy who's blogging about something he likes doing, or a bunch of guys nit-picking everything he says? :crackup:
The reason I don't like him is he passes off blatantly incorrect information/advice as the "one true way" and has a habit of saying patently absurd and unhelpful things. I can't count how many times I've had to re-educate or help a confused new photographer who read and believed his site far too much. If he treated his site like The Onion of photography sites then it'd be one thing, but he plays like it's serious.

And while I haven't read his reviews in ages from what I gather he often says things about lenses for instance that are completely contrary to what has been found (and measured) by other people.

He says crazy stuff to drive traffic but I wouldn't advise it as a serious source for anything photography related.

that's my $0.02

gks814

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading photo.net for many years and find that there are a large number of very knowledgeable photographers offering advise on this site. They can be gruff at times but the knowledge base is impressive.

I'm mainly a Nikon user and Bjorn Rorslett who reviews virtually every Nikon lens know at his site www.naturfotograf.com is a frequent poster.

The gallery is a great place to view what I believe to be some of the finest photos on the net.

Their equipment reviews tend to be dated, they are mainly a forum for the advanced and pro photographer.

wolfy

Enlightened
One of the friendliest photo forums is www.dyxum.com, but it is dedicated mostly to Minolta/Sony gear. Most guys there do use more than one brand, but most chats are to do with Sony/Minolta gear (for A-mount equipment).

So if you use such equipment, check them out, a very friendly and knowledgable bunch.

The other site I also frequent is DPreview, just because its got a huge following and covers all brands, but there are some crazy people on those forums too.