Review Of The Wiseled Tactical 2000 Lumen

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but I'm having a little trouble with the maths....

The P4 puts out a maximum of 240 lumens, doesn't it? With a really good reflector and front glass, that's 90% transmission, so no more than 216 lumens per emitter.

There are 7 emitters, so that's 7 x 216 lumens = 1512 lumens max.

...so yes, I'd have to agree with MrGman, this is a 1500 lumen flashlight. Looks like a superb bit of kit anyway though!

Yah, it's basically a complicated Elektrolumens Shadeslayer, 7x P4s. I can't imagine it's more then 1,400 lumens. Also how on earth it runs an hour before throttling down because of heat seems kind of crazy, after 15 minuets my Shadeslayer becomes very hot "almost can't touch the head" and it has incredible heat sinking "like all Wayne's lights" probably the best in the world if I may say:twothumbs.

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
Very nice review, thanks!
Could you tell. pls if the beam's width / flood is similar to their internet 3D presentation (very, very wide)?

Are you planning to make some outdoor comparison beamshots with other lights of similar lumens?
Sorry, maybe it's only the exposure of you camera, but from the beamshots you made that light doesn't bowl me over somehow :thinking:.... But as I said - maybe it's only aperture / exposure issue.
Thanks!
Rgds

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
How do they figure 500watt strobe? 7x x 3watt LED = 21 watts?

Mac

The strobe level emitted from the Tactical equals the same amount of light emitted from a 500 Watt strobe bulb...

Sorry, but I'm having a little trouble with the maths....

The P4 puts out a maximum of 240 lumens, doesn't it? With a really good reflector and front glass, that's 90% transmission, so no more than 216 lumens per emitter.

There are 7 emitters, so that's 7 x 216 lumens = 1512 lumens max.

...so yes, I'd have to agree with MrGman, this is a 1500 lumen flashlight. Looks like a superb bit of kit anyway though!

Wiseled uses the latest release P4's and it's also a question of using the best BIN out there... which Wiseled does. Also, the Tactical doesn't get NEAR as hot as the predecessor model which makes it throttle down much less quickly. As stated, after approx. an hour of use in full boost, it throttled down a bit.

Could you tell. pls if the beam's width / flood is similar to their internet 3D presentation (very, very wide)?

Are you planning to make some outdoor comparison beamshots with other lights of similar lumens?
Sorry, maybe it's only the exposure of you camera, but from the beamshots you made that light doesn't bowl me over somehow :thinking:.... But as I said - maybe it's only aperture / exposure issue.
Thanks!
Rgds

Agreed... pics don't do the Tactical as much justice as I'd wished. I don't have a fancy camera and am not a pro photographer..

Imho, best pic is the one of the bushes along the road getting lit up, and the one showing the intense beam on the facade of the house @ the fifth floor...

Also, please tell me WHAT other ligth to compare it with? I have a very hard time thinking of any?

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!
Rgds

Przemo(c): Check out my outdoor beamshots in my review- in the review section. Have several comparison shots. :thumbsup:

Barrie

Enlightened
:eek::eek: Price:
GBP £502.72 ex VAT with VAT that's almost £600 = 2-3 week pay for me
its very nice but way out of my price range :mecry:

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
The more I use this light, the more I like the simplicity of the user interface provided by the two buttons.

In terms of output the closest I had to compare it with was the Malkoff MC-E and when the Tactical is set to 20% mode in a ceiling bounce test both lights do to my eyes produce a similar level of output. On high this light certainly puts out far more lumens than the LF IMR-M6 I was running, I don't have it now to compare them side by side but I can tell this from lighting the same areas and recalling the difference in throw and the area illuminated. Also, I think that the shots in the other review thread clearly demonstrate the overall level of performance.

As for heat, whilst I have yet to run it on high for an extended period of time yet, when having it on high for 5 or 10 minutes the head just gets slightly warm. Other high output lights that I have tried would have been very warm / hot within the same period of time.

So all told, I would not hesitate in recommending this light.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Juggernaut! Seeing is believing. I'll have it at PF14 and you can compare. Also, make sure you check out my review for more comparisons.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Juggernaut! Seeing is believing. I'll have it at PF14 and you can compare. Also, make sure you check out my review for more comparisons.

Yah:party:! I totally forgot about seeing you again at PF14:thumbsup:! Can't wait to try it out, and compare it against my Shadeslayer-7, wonder how it would do against the Cardboard Hexagon Box light:eek:!? Just kidding:laughing:! Always wanted to see a wiseled in person:twothumbs.

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
No problem getting to see a Wiseled Tactical in real life...

And trust me.. once you turn on that light, you won't believe your eyes! :faint:

There are still plentiful Wiseled Tactical 2000's to be had with a 35 % discount, so PM me if you're interested. :thumbsup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I don't blame the lumen guess-ers for being doubtful but I really have a feeling the Tactical is fairly close to it's stated output. My older Tactical is still ridiculously bright even at 1500 stated lumens. Given that there's been two years of LED improvement since mine was upgraded I wouldn't be surprised at all if it a true 1800-2000 lumens.

Neofab Legion II
76 lux (742 stated lumens)

AE PL24/S 24W HID
100 lux (1300 stated lumens)

AE Xenide25 25W HID
126 lux (1500 stated lumens)

WE Boxer 24W HID GenIII
151 lux (1800 stated lumens)

WiseLED 1500 Upgrade
164 lux (1500 stated lumens)

Costco 35W HID
296 lux (3200 stated lumens)

Microfire K3500 HID
305 lux (3500 stated lumens)

Vector POB
326 lux (3200 stated lumens)

Remember, my light is outdated now. Also, see sledhead's review in which he compares beamshot's of the new Tactical 2000 with the Polarion PH40, the benchmark of HID performance. It's obvious to me that the Tactical is outputting an impressive amount of light since typically the PH40 makes every other LED light look pretty silly. Since I'm so familiar with the Polarion's the beamshots were a bit shocking since the Tactical made a good showing.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't blame the lumen guess-ers for being doubtful but I really have a feeling the Tactical is fairly close to it's stated output. My older Tactical is still ridiculously bright even at 1500 stated lumens. Given that there's been two years of LED improvement since mine was upgraded I wouldn't be surprised at all if it a true 1800-2000 lumens.

Neofab Legion II
76 lux (742 stated lumens)

AE PL24/S 24W HID
100 lux (1300 stated lumens)

AE Xenide25 25W HID
126 lux (1500 stated lumens)

WE Boxer 24W HID GenIII
151 lux (1800 stated lumens)

WiseLED 1500 Upgrade
164 lux (1500 stated lumens)

Costco 35W HID
296 lux (3200 stated lumens)

Microfire K3500 HID
305 lux (3500 stated lumens)

Vector POB
326 lux (3200 stated lumens)

Remember, my light is outdated now. Also, see sledhead's review in which he compares beamshot's of the new Tactical 2000 with the Polarion PH40, the benchmark of HID performance. It's obvious to me that the Tactical is outputting an impressive amount of light since typically the PH40 makes every other LED light look pretty silly. Since I'm so familiar with the Polarion's the beamshots were a bit shocking since the Tactical made a good showing.

what are these "lux" numbers. are they supposed to be in Thousands with a K behind them or did you take these at some long distance you didn't mention? What's missing here???

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw that WiseLed was posting in the "Manufacturer" thread. Everyone should check out what they have to say.
Also here is something for the naysayers!

Hi all,

A little FYI, you might find interesting

We have just had the light output of our Tactical 2000 measured by a company called Delta (http://www.madebydelta.com), which - among other things - specializes in light and optics. They have the equipment necessary to measure light output precisely and we are very proud to be able to state, that the Tactical HAS in fact an output of 2000 lumens!

Flashlights are often measured in LED LUMENS, which is the amount of light emitted directly from the LEDs, not taking into account the loss of light introduced by the lens and reflector. But the WiseLED Tactical has a light output of 2000 lumens measured "outside" the flashllight, so - in other words - the 2000 lumens are the actual light YOU SEE and not a theoretical number. That is now measured and certified

Martine,
WiseLED

There was no doubt in my mind. :thumbsup:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order for this light to put out 2000 lumens OTF from 7 Seoul P4 LEDs that would be 285 lumens each out the front. Having tested many LEDs myself I know that many of the high power ones can have a much higher momentary peak output reading than what they will put out steady state. Once the phosphor warms up the numbers come down dramatically. I can believe the 240 to 215 lumens per LED as out the front numbers during continuous running. I cannot believe 285 lumens per LED out the front continuously. I could see that captured from a peak turn on reading.

I would love to see the output charted over the first 5 minutes from absolute instantaneous turn on to see how it truly performs.

Not saying it isn't a good light. but I still don't believe its a true 2000 lumens output real world more than 3 seconds type of output.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
what are these "lux" numbers. are they supposed to be in Thousands with a K behind them or did you take these at some long distance you didn't mention? What's missing here???

Sorry for the late response Gman. They are lux numbers but only relative to each other and therefore not helpful or meaningful apart from one another. It was just some quick testing that I did to check the relative output in order to determine if the stated lumens were anywhere near what is claimed. Based off of them it seems as if WiseLED's numbers could be close to what is stated.

What you mentioned about instantaneous peak output is a great point and very valid since I've followed your tests as well.

Flashlight Enthusiast
From when i last talked to Wiseled they said they are using XP-G in the tactical and not Seoul.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would make the lumens output count right on target but then the optics wouldn't make sense. It would be a floody beam from XP-G's under those optics and the beam pattern samples I have seen isn't one big flood monster? I have seen optics in front of the XP-G's claiming to be the "narrow" beam profile and there was nothing narrow about it.

So I are still confused

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll see if i can take a look at my tactical.