Review Of The Wiseled Tactical 2000 Lumen

plata0190

Enlightened
Some things:
1) new model 2300 is better than old 2000? the power is the only difference?
2) What is taillight function?

3)I have a discount but i live in Italy. Do you guess if i use this discount on wiseled.com they sell to Itay?
4) when you keep the light in your hand in turbo mode does it come hot?
5) Why on wiseled.com they says 2200 - 2600 when is 2300 in high and 2823 in turbo?
5) What is real lumen OTF in high and turbo?

6) Does throw down in high mode? how much lumens and after how much time?
- In turbo mode thow down faster?
for ex. in 72F ambiental temp, using the wiseled in turbo mode does remain to the max power for least 3 minutes?

wise

Newly Enlightened
Hi
you all got to see this site called www.divetorches.com here you can see measured data on The WiseLED Tactical and other lights lights like 50 HIDs !! even if it's WiseLED doing this page it's actually valid and measured!! there is also some educational stuff that will teach you guys something about light:)

One thing many get wrong is single spot lux readings as a means to evaluate how bright a light is in Lumens, this is really not the way to do it.
A spot Lux readings gives an value that you can use as a way to evaluate how far the beam can reach.
But high spot lux readings has an offside meaning that the overall efficeincy in Lumen will be very low

So please enjoy this new site

Rgds
Wise, Flemming

Patriot

Flashaholic
I will be testing one soon thanks to a fellow CPF member:party::party::party::party:

Finally, an established tester with one of the newer renditions of the light.

I think the Wiseled is one of the most misunderstood, underestimated lights
that's ever talked about here at CPF. Having owned version 1 and 2 they've both performed beyond expectation and exceed the lumen output of many 24-24W HID lights. Additionally, I think you'll find it provides one of the most usable and smooth beams of any high output light you've tested. Looking forward to your thoughts and test results!

plata0190

Enlightened
I have bought the wiseled tactical and arrived today.
amazing :eek:

- where is situated the infrared port, on the charger plug or is the little grey spot outside near connector?
- The tail light function is not so useful for me.
- when charging there are any orange led on optics
- to program it is required wiseled irda or equvalent irda will works?

Important think: when already turn the wiseled on, it blinked 4 times in orange... this sounds that has not been fully charged. Is normal that?

Flashlight Enthusiast
As soon as you get it you need to charge it, it doesn't come with a full charge.

plata0190

Enlightened
- where is situated the infrared port, on the charger plug or is the little grey spot outside near connector?
- when charging there are any orange led on optics
- to program it is required wiseled irda or equvalent irda will works?

Some one can reply to these faqs please?
Wiseled says that battery life is about 3 hours in high mode: 2300 lumen, but mine battery is discharged after 2 hours in high... The battery is bad? :(

plata0190

Enlightened
One more thing: is normally that the button A is not coming up propely? sometimes get stuck into... button B isn't stucking..

plata0190

Enlightened
I think mine have bad battery because when the light is in water in the sea in high mode the battery life is about 2.32 hours and not 3 like tells site.

And taillight indicator has fault because indicate 100-80 % for 15 minutes and 20-0 % for more than 60 minutes.

Today i have charged it fully for the second time and the tail light after 4 hours of full charge, blinked continuosly in blue. What does it mean? :)

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
@Plata90

Did instructions come with the WiseLED? :poke:

Honestly, i don't know :p but i guess instructions will help you, or else you should try to contact WiseLED if something is wrong :)

BillyHow

Newly Enlightened
It's hard to accept a torch without a replaceable battery. Sending it back isn't an option on a camping trip when a spare is so handy!

plata0190

Enlightened
I did some pictures to the optics and seems internally schratched. Take a look:
instructions didn't come but only 3 sheets the same of pdf on website

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Plata, you've got so many complaints (either real or perceived) with your light that it's hard to even know where to start addressing the various matters you've brought up. For now I'll probably just share my thoughts on your most recent post. I believe that the two lines at 12 and 8 O'clock are wires, not scratches.

If you're referring to the very fine marks and bubbles scattered throughout the molded optic, I think that you're being unnecessarily picky. The clear acrylic material is difficult to mold to perfection and often has imperfections cast right into it. This is even true of high grade optical glass in that if you look through it with back lighting it sometimes appears to posses many flaws.

Even careful handling of acrylics can yield minor scratches so it doesn't surprise me that you can see a few, especially when blown up to 5X it's actual size in a photo. If it was mine I wouldn't really be troubled by it.

With regards to the other matters, it might be prudent to take them up with the manufacturer.

Good luck man.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't you will be seen as a stirrer bating us and might get banned :D:D just joking mate I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

I only had a quick look but can the head of the wisedive be connected straight to the body without the cord - because this is the main reason I don't want to buy/own a wiseled torch because I want to be able to change the batteries or even the battery pack myself.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I look forward to your review, is the UI the same by chance.

Last edited:

Stella_Polaris

Newly Enlightened
I look forward to your review, is the UI the same by chance.

No, the UI is different, or to be more precise, there is only one "button" for the UI...

Anyway, haven't forgotten you, guys, but my camera is broken and I only have my iPhone to take pics at the moment. Add to that the lousy weather here!