Review Of The Wiseled Tactical 2000 Lumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't really tell on mine if i stare at the optics its looks like it could be right, i am not going to take it apart. The tactical is floody at a distance but within say 30ft it does have a hotspot.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Well, this is all good info but the prime question targeted in recent posts has been the lumen output. If XPGs are indeed being used, that sort of solves the lumen dilemma. Whether it's floody or not is effected by so many factors, including but limited to, the focal length and optic type. Obviously the beam is much more focused that the naked LED but more diffused than what we typically see from reflectored lights. Judging from the beam profile, it doesn't seem to collimate nearly as well as the TIR in the LX2 but still throws reasonably well looking at comparison shots with HID.

Perhaps WiseLED will chime in and confirm or deny the XPGs.

mcWise

Newly Enlightened
Here's a little tech update on the Tactical:
The spot is 4 degrees and the flood is 6 degrees, and, yes, we use the XPG from Cree. The output won't drop below 2000 lumens for at least 20 min. If you use the flashlight under water, it will continue to have a 2000 lumens output. It depends on the weather conditions and how you use it. If you don't move around with the flashlight and it's a very hot day with no wind at all, the output will drop after 20 minutes, but in cold weather - and if you move around with the light, which cools it off - it'll keep the 2000 lumens for longer than 20 minutes.

Flemming,
WiseLED

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Here's a little tech update on the Tactical:
The spot is 4 degrees and the flood is 6 degrees, and, yes, we use the XPG from Cree. The output won't drop below 2000 lumens for at least 20 min. If you use the flashlight under water, it will continue to have a 2000 lumens output. It depends on the weather conditions and how you use it. If you don't move around with the flashlight and it's a very hot day with no wind at all, the output will drop after 20 minutes, but in cold weather - and if you move around with the light, which cools it off - it'll keep the 2000 lumens for longer than 20 minutes.

Flemming,
WiseLED

There's "XP-G" confirmation from WiseLED, along with beam profile info.

Thank you Flemming! :thumbsup:

ptolemy

Enlightened
until a unbiasted 3rd party, which past track of excellent in testing, tests these numbers, all they are is mere speculation by each party

nice light, no doubt, but let's not tatoo these numbers until someone confirms it

Patriot

Flashaholic
until a unbiasted 3rd party, which past track of excellent in testing, tests these numbers, all they are is mere speculation by each party

The XP-G LEDs have been confirmed on the newest Tactical right here by the manufacturer. WiseLED reps have stated here that the Tactical was verified at 2000 lumens in an IS. Even if if we assume WiseLED representatives are lying through their teeth and the light doesn't hold 2000 lumens but instead falls to 1800, or within 5% of stated output, it's still fantastically bright. Is 1800+ lumens within the realm of realism for 7 X XPG's? Well, of course it is. Finally, The older "1500" Tactical tested brighter than a "1800" bulb lumen Wolf Eyes Boxer HID light, indicating that they don't have a history of terribly overstating lumens.

Maybe I'm just wondering at what point we're going to give WiseLED and reviewers of this light credit. I'm not aware of any other 7 x XP-G light that's currently available especially combined with this light's list of other attractive attributes and reasonably small size. The SR-90 perhaps will surpass it with regards to output but it's sheer size sort of places it in a different catergory to my way of thinking. Given the two opposing formulas the WiseLED may seem like the more practical option some buyers.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Well all I can say from my own experience is having had 1,000 lumen rated setups which have included a Surefire M6 running the LF lamp and a custom Maglite fitted with an Osram Ostar is that the Wiseled Tactical totally blows them away. The sheer volume of light produced along with the throw and side spill has to be seen to be believed. Also and a big plus for me is that if you wish you can run this light at full power for an extended period of time with no concerns about it overheating or throttling back unduly. Granted this is not a very scientific response but it is a case of seeing is believing from my perspective.

polarion

Newly Enlightened
Last rumors from Wiseled mentions a new Tactical with a certified OTF in exess of 3000Lumen.
Same size, some cooling fins though.

KRUSHDUDE

Newly Enlightened
Do you know if the current Wiseled tactical will be upgradeable to this new version or is it a whole new light?

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hope they make it with ether a changeable battery pack or one that we could change the batteries ourselves - because IMO they would sell more, this is why I dont want to own one any more - but they are an incredible light :thumbsup:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the OP or anybody out there with a WiseLED Tactical 2000 lumen light.

Please send it to me. I will test it for out the front lumens:party:

So far I have done these:
Howitzer 3 MC-E = 1450ish OTF = 1220 after 3min
SR90 sST-90 LED = 1480ish OTF = 1200 after 3min
VARA2000 SST-90 = 1800ish OTF = 1280ish after 3 min
VARA2000 SST-90 Copper = 2200 OTF = 1800ish after 3 minutes
PCC built SSR-90 2D Mag = 2300 OTF and 1800 OTF after 4 minutes (big copper heatsink).
VARA2000 CBT-90 Copper slug= 2390ish and 1800ish after 3 minutes.

I think this WiseLed Tactical will not even hit 1500 OTF and MrGman was being a nice guy suggesting it would:whistle:

P4 at 200 OTF each x 7 = 1400 at best and then put into heat issues...800 after 4 mintues:oops:

Somebody prove me wrong and send me your WiseLED 2000 please:thumbsup:

KRUSHDUDE

Newly Enlightened
Wisled updated their site: They now claim 2300 lumens in continuous mode and 2600 lumens in boost mode for the Tactical. Their website divetorches.com, which measures and compares performance among a variety of dive lights, claims 2823 lumens OTF for the Tactical. Higher boost?

bkumanski

Enlightened
Sorry guys for the wait, I forgot my Tactical at work. As soon as I can, Big C will have one in the mail for real testing. (BTW, mine is supposed to be the XPG model at 2000 lumens) We shall see :sssh:

KRUSHDUDE

Newly Enlightened
I have the latest version (2300 lumens, 2800 in boost mode according to Flemming, programmable). It doesn't have the tightest hot spot, so not the best thrower - not much spill either - but it puts out an incredible amount of light, especially for its size. I grab it every several days and fire it up, just to be amazed.