RuPaul, flashaholic - who knew?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not my kind of entertainer, but interviewed on NPR-Fresh Air. Excerpt (Mosley is the interviewer):

RUPAUL: I am still into cars. I love cars. They represent freedom. I love cars. I love flashlights. I have, like, a thousand flashlights.

MOSLEY: Wait. What's with the flashlights?

RUPAUL: I think, if I were my therapist, I would - I love the fact that, first of all, you - being prepared for the darkness. And also, they represent illumination.

MOSLEY: Do you collect them?

RUPAUL: I probably have five with me now, probably.

MOSLEY: In your bag over there, you've got, like, five flashlights.

RUPAUL: I just love them.......

...and a little more on flashlights. Transcript here:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh snap!
Now we get to wonder which account Rupaul posts under.
Perhaps this entertainer has been here for years? Decades?
One of us, and we never knew. Largest flashlight forum out there.
This individual has definitely heard of CPF at the very least.

Dr. Jones

Newly Enlightened
Further on in the transcript, RuPaul said: "I just love them. And I think they represent clarity and a beacon, a path."

I'm not a Freemason, but I've always been searching for the source of illumination, I guess. "Feeling my way through the darkness" (h/t Avicii), guided by the light of flashlight, lantern, torch made from a bundle of reeds…they all help light our way through "the darkness of this world", as the apostle wrote.

Chadder

Enlightened
Very Cool!! I thought it was cool when Ray Romano was on Jimmy Kimmel talking about his flashlight and how he loved it. But to have a thousand. It's time to come clean and show your collection!! LOL

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Move over RuPaul!!
Screenshot_20240305-163211.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
rupal post here all the from time to time. if you think about it and check user names you can guess whom he is. nice guy. very smart