SE Regional Get-together IV - Cloudland Canyon - Tenn Georgia Ala - May 15 Confirmed

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in Mount Juliet and a few neighbors down the road lost their house and cars from flood, one of the lost homes occupied by some of my wife's family. I live out in the country right next to Percy Priest and it flooded a field beside my house 2-4 ft. deep people were in it grabbing nasty carp longer then my arm. There was hundreds of carp in there. Its crazy and the lake is still rising.

Hope the rest of my fellow CPF Tennesseans are ok.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha JHC, I did that over at Cooks recreation area last time it rained a lot! except I didn't keep any of them, it's just fun to chase 'em!

Some crazy rain, I must say. I live right across some flood plains for a small tributary to the cumberland, all a lake for a few days. Everyone along that road had junk furniture out on the streets. jeesh.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much as I want to be there, it will be another year without being able to spend some time with people that have the same geeky obsession as me. I hope the weather is nice and pleasant, and everyone has a good time!

Next year I will make it, and I will even order a 3 gallon container of ice cream, throw it in a cooler with some dry ice and head on down. That will be my contribution from The Sweet Shoppe. :) Oh, and maybe some candy, and I can do some cooking too.

smopoim86

Enlightened
I'm still coming, but my buddy isn't planning on being able to make it.

BTW, I have almost all the parts I need.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
As much as I want to be there, it will be another year without being able to spend some time with people that have the same geeky obsession as me. I hope the weather is nice and pleasant, and everyone has a good time!

Next year I will make it, and I will even order a 3 gallon container of ice cream, throw it in a cooler with some dry ice and head on down. That will be my contribution from The Sweet Shoppe. :) Oh, and maybe some candy, and I can do some cooking too.

we count on that - sad that you cant make it.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
anybody staying at the days inn? I'm kinda worried about not being able to find you folks. Do you all usually just meet up at Leb's cabin? As of yet, I do not have a cell. Also, I lost my favorite flashlight and my surefire 6P! Hopefully they turn up soon so I can show them off, but at least my ultrafire still has that XR-E:Q35A in it. I also would be bringing some monochromatic throwers (read "Lay-zerz").

As always, cutting it down to the line, but we're probably gonna show up. What are we lacking in the cookout dept.? I'll probably be bringing a few cans of beans, as long as someone brings a can opener :p

BTW, if you are staying at days inn, google a coupon code. They're out there.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
bshanahan14rulz pm sent

Trevor called and told me that David and family will not show up. Some others from 4Sevens may but Trevor was not sure at the time of the call.

Do you guys want to do burgers for the cookout? If so any volunteers to bring stuff?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Steve mentioned, my family and I will not be able to make it this round. My sister is heading out of down and is leaving her kids with us this weekend. Small kids don't do that well with long drives and hanging out late at night. Some of our staff may go but no definite confirmations yet.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's too bad about 4sevens.

I'll bring some beans and chips. What kind of a headcount are we looking at, ballpark?

I wish I could find my lights :candle: Planning on putting a green laser into my solarforce L2
laser.gif

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
ot, is anybody interested to see how an sak is assembled? will take say 15 minutes with explaning. joust to offer :thinking:

will bring some sprite, paperplates, chips, an couple saussages and bread for grilling.

Last edited:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
bshanahan14rulz said:
What kind of a headcount are we looking at, ballpark?

I'm not sure but it looks like we will have a smaller turnout this year compared to last year. I'm not sure how many people mossyoak will have. It might be easier for everyone to bring something to grill instead of trying to plan for how many people will show.

Swissbianco what is a sak?

I will be bringing about 40 to 50 lights both old and new; I have spent the last three days charging batteries when I have had the time.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
sak = swiss army knife

we will be an party of 2 attending, damon eggert cant this year, he will be at the blade show in atlanta in june.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should be there tomorrow sometime early afternoon. I will post an update on the cabin when I get there. The cabin should have a screened in area so if it rains it will not be a problem. Anyone in the area Friday is welcome to stop by, I might go up to look out mountain sometime during the afternoon Friday so you might want to call and make sure I'm there.

Keep in mind we will meet at Cabin 8, the cabin should be real nice. Map link below.

http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx?show=map&LocationID=38&s=0.0.0.5

BTW if anyone needs to call me my number is 615 668 0038.

Steve

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Hey steve, from my party it'll be me and two or three people. We will bring our own food and beverages when you see this give me a call at 423 598 2119 so I can have your number in advance.
Swiss, me and my friends would definately be interested in seeing a SAK being made. We all use them and consider them every day essentials

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
thanks, lack of my planning, i dont have the flashlight parts of the sak in stock, we will do sutch an sak next year if wanted.

Latest posts