SE Regional Get-together IV - Cloudland Canyon - Tenn Georgia Ala - May 15 Confirmed

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
good luck!

it will be an sak that was never bevore, that i can tell. the first ever made in this configuration.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, anybody else staying at that hotel, or is everybody just making the drive or camping?

Also, does anybody know if dry ice will explode canned sodas? I was thinking of lining the BOTTOM of a cooler with dry ice and putting cans on top. I'll probably be bringing a 12-pack of Big-k and a 12 of big-k ginger ale.

can't wait!

Customerservice@4sevens

Newly Enlightened
Good news, guys! Alphonso from our customer service department will be traveling up there to the meet tomorrow. He should be arriving towards evening and will be bringing the G5 proto as well as an sr90 olight and some other goodies.

Mossyoak, Please call the store as soon as you can! I know you wanted some things to be brought up and I cannot raise you via phone. :)

Trevor

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, anybody else staying at that hotel, or is everybody just making the drive or camping?

Also, does anybody know if dry ice will explode canned sodas? I was thinking of lining the BOTTOM of a cooler with dry ice and putting cans on top. I'll probably be bringing a 12-pack of Big-k and a 12 of big-k ginger ale.

can't wait!

First put the dry ice, then some cardboard/paper over the dry ice, cover with wet ice, then put drinks in the cooler. The wet ice should freeze and last for 3 or 4 days.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Good news, guys! Alphonso from our customer service department will be traveling up there to the meet tomorrow. He should be arriving towards evening and will be bringing the G5 proto as well as an sr90 olight and some other goodies.

Mossyoak, Please call the store as soon as you can! I know you wanted some things to be brought up and I cannot raise you via phone. :)

Trevor

just got off the phone with Simone, got the stuff ordered
just a suggestion It wouldn't hurt to bring some stock up with y'all. My bud is all about the lights

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
sweet! thanks for the tip, Nitroz. Maybe the stars will line up just right and you might be able to make it!

I got a nice surprise in the mail today: two protected 10440 cells that I had ordered last month. Forgot I ordered them!

Gonna find my 14500/10440 charger and charge these suckers up, try to rig a dummy AAA cell. Also gotta start charging up my 18650's. I'll probably be bringing a bunch of laptop packs with me, in case anybody wants the cells. 18650's and lithium-polymer flats most likely. They are all used, so if you want some, keep in mind you will have to check them and decide which to keep and which to recycle. (radio shack recycles undamaged lithium cells)

Might even crack the cells out of the packs too, who knows!

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
This place is perfect and right on the rim trail, what a view!!

Great news Trevor!! Plenty of room in the cabin if anyone wants crash at the pad.

7440a718.jpg

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
sweet! thanks for the tip, Nitroz. Maybe the stars will line up just right and you might be able to make it!
You're welcome!

Unfortunately I will not be there. :( I will make it next year though.

I am sure you guys will have a blast. Cloudland Canyon is beautiful.

I wish I could be there to see the G5.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope it doesn't rain... Some places are saying about 30% chance on sat. night. Doesn't sound too bad.

That sure does look nice! screened in porch, I bet there's a nice place for a campfire outside too?

Edit: I'm gonna take down this image in about an hour and 20 minutes.
edit2: ok, reckon that's enough.

Last edited:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SE Regional Get-together IV - CloudlawitCanyon - Tenn Georgia Ala - May 15 Confir

It is nice and there is a nice fire pit with wood.

Before you spend a bunch of money on a hotel you should swing by and see if you might want to sleep on the couch. There is also a nice spot to put up a tent if anyone is interested.

Hope these images looks ok, it is hard to tell via cell phone. This is about 50 yards from the cabin looking up the canyon.

fab3c3c3.jpg

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow awesome view!

I already made the reservation, but thanks for the offer! My mommy told me not to go into strangers' houses... :candle::laughing:

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
You're welcome!

Unfortunately I will not be there. :( I will make it next year though.

I am sure you guys will have a blast. Cloudland Canyon is beautiful.

I wish I could be there to see the G5.

will make some pics and fondle it for you :poke:

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
will be down in your store next week, you have my word. catched up on most things in usa by now. will bring some splash.

ok i let the cat out of the bag: it will be an cyber-yeoman. did the test assembly and all is roger: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Young-Harris-GA/SwissBianco-Knives-Tools/114038305278036?ref=ts it has an bitholder instead of an flashlight. as the traditional flashlight in the sak are on the dim side somebody here may can fix that...

Great! I looked forward to meeting you in person after all these years.

This is great you have a facebook page for me to follow your stuff.:thumbsup:

PM sent.

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice! How much is one of those?
29323_126947023987164_114038305278036_355164_6143009_n.jpg

Looks like you guys are having fun.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't think I can make it guys still not able to find a sitter and now I hear there is going to be a G5 proto urrrrr.. You all will probably have to sign a non disclosure agreement to view it..lol

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jhc37013

You and your family are more then welcome to the spare bedroom in the cabin. The cabin is child friendly.

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
@ nitroz, they will be around 60 but the first one, if somebody want buy it there, the full money goes to lebkuecher, for help pay this event, thanks you lebkuecher!

i joust want help and get more attraction to that gathering.

yes yes, after all these years, this trip the us government flashlight you kindly helped me way back then came with me in my new home in usa. i kindly ask for help make that victorinox swiss army knife led thing brighter...