Seattle area GT in May?

yowzer

Enlightened
I'd like to go, but Memorial Day weekend is bad. Every weekend in May is, actually.

Speaking of get togethers, Mike, are you going to have a table at the SAR conference the weekend before this?

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm bringing the 36 inch Gorilla, and maybe the Mini LightSward. I could not get an HMI in time, (leaving home for a few weeks), I will use it with the 600 watt standard large arc HID bulb, which still produces a nice beam, and maybe hook up the panning mechanism. I hope to pick up some gear at the get together and make it shine much brighter 2012!

See you all there!!!

Last edited:

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
Well.......I will bring some tools, and we might get a HMI lamp within focal-length of the monster Gorilla.
With permission of course :D!
Maybe I should file an FAA Searchlight Operator's advisory?

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good.

I'll try and bring a small portable workshop with me to help with a possible HMI light focusing of the Gorilla.

(I actually have a direct phone number to the concerned FAA office for such things; as searchlights shining about airplanes). I live near a busy flight line of business jets, who sometimes fly through my searchlight beam... I contacted FAA about this, (before and after, I lit any airplanes), and was told, my searchlight has been seen by pilots, but the way I operate it, in a non threatening, predictable manner, it is not considered a nuisance. He said some pilots kind of think of it as an occasional welcome beacon.

I'll be away from internet access for a few days or so...nice and warm.

Last edited:

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Blah! been awhile since i've used the vB software again. this is so de ja vu. (a few friends may know to what i'm referring to) anywho...

I'm gonna try and make it as i just bought this bad boy,:naughty: for the roof of my jeep, however i won't have it installed, but i can still bring it along for some viewing pleasures.
I dont know what a google group is, shows how much out of the loop i am. But I'll probably show up with a plate of cookies or something.
Sounds like a good turnout. Hope to see you there!

-Peewee

chizel

Newly Enlightened
It will be good to see you Matt! And Peewee I'm dying to see that Rigid LED bar you now have! I might have to break down and get one myself once I witness the light..

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
It will be good to see you Matt! And Peewee I'm dying to see that Rigid LED bar you now have! I might have to break down and get one myself once I witness the light..

Hey, yea, i'm looking forward to seeing you guys too! I've not gotten a chance to see the LED Light Bar at night, but i did power it up at the store when i picked it up. It's suprisingly spotty for the amount of LEDs there are. I also came to find out i have the "combo" filter, which is good of course. but apparently there's a spot/combo/wide disperal refelector patterns available. I'm gonna light it up tonight, we'll see how far it can really throw.

-Peewee

I posted a topic via Google Groups for reference. I took the wiki down because it was getting defaced so frequently that I couldn't keep up. I don't have the time to watch it 24/7, ban IP addresses, or convert it to a login-only site. Google Groups is already set up to moderate users, so it's a good way to keep track of events.

I don't think you need a GMail account to join, you should be able to register a Google account with any email address, but I could be wrong.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
:naughty: I will bring a portable 10 x 10 foot pavilion to house the Gorilla searchlight because of the forecasted occasional shower(s) for Saturday night. This should allow the searchlight to function normally, and cover anyone wanting to shine their light too. I hope Chizel still has his big Power Converter. I may need again.:thumbsup:
4595028418_8be4a6bd27.jpg

With newly installed Osram Sharx 700 watt HMI short arc HID, the 36 inch Gorilla lights up the night during the CPF gathering @ Renton, Washington, May 8, 2010.

:D

Power Supply used to power the 700 watt HMI short arc
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif

4594407511_31c9dff0cb.jpg

A large 1,300 Watt power converter was provided by chizel. My converter only goes up to 400 watts.

If memory has it, the Address for the Party Barn is?: 20245 SE 192nd St, Renton, WA 98058

(Here is a google link to their place. The barn is at the end of the long driveway
Link: Party Barn)

Last edited:

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
I hope to have the genset deployed with the Death Ray, and that can supply additional loads as well.
In case we have or need to deal with outside power issues.
Nice semi-quiet Honda inverter genny.
Have 28 Volt POB as well, but only 1 kW from inverter on battery.

There shall be light.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope to have the genset deployed with the Death Ray, and that can supply additional loads as well.
In case we have or need to deal with outside power issues.
Nice semi-quiet Honda inverter genny.
Have 28 Volt POB as well, but only 1 kW from inverter on battery.

There shall be light.

I may need some power...700 watts or so...