Seattle area GT in May?

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. Just an Fyi, i was talking to my dad about tonight's meet and he was interested in going. So i'll bring some extra few things. Not sure what yet, perhaps just a few bag of chips...
See you all tonight.
-Casey/Peewee

chizel

Newly Enlightened
A taste:

gorilla1.jpg

gorilla2.jpg

deathray1.jpg

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
HI all, Just had a few moments to edit the photos for red-eye, make a few color adjustments, but nothing much, so consider these raw's. Most of what i took can be found here. However here is a taster of what is there.
Enjoy!
-Peewee

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

Last edited:

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
I'm Particularly fond of the second picture. i really like the way the camera captured the textures of the mirror tape. It is worthy of my desktop backround. If anyone else wants a full size, shoot me a message.
-P

Peewee

Newly Enlightened
Hey, for those of you cool enough to visit my table on the end, you may have noticed the laptop rolling footage of me driving. Well here it is, sped up of course. That was taken with a ContourHD "Dash-Cam". I figured it was worthy of a cool gadget post anyway. It's video of Electromage and myself driving from Seattle down to the Meet.

Warning, Video can cause disorientation and dizziness. The world goes by quite quickly.
Enjoy!

yowzer

Enlightened
I could easily see the Gorilla's beam on my way home. I think I saw the tank light from home, 15+ miles away!

Didn't think of it until too late, but we should have gotten a group shot of all the Catapults...

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
I woke up later Sunday morning with a lumen-induced hangover :green: !

Wish I had made it there earlier, really wanted to see more of everybody's table
collection and gear set-up.
Awesome display!
Thank you Peewee for the pic posts, and car cam viddy. I'll know the route better next time. You guys made only one full stop all the way to The Barn? Nice!
Great to spend some quality time with brethren gear heads, and I suggest a repeat maybe this fall?
Thanks again to Skeptic for the for getting it rolling. Mike & Julie(?) for your welcoming
and great offerings.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a great time. Good to see all the Fenix lights, and all the personal flashlight displays. Finally got to see IgNITEor's Tank Light, which the Gorilla design is somewhat based on! Here are some photos of the CPF getogether. I have many more than these.

Cancle Power Forum Getogether May 30, 2011

Fenix display

Fenix Flashlights on display. Many flashlights are sold and given away during these events.

One of many personal flashlight collections on display.

I'm enjoying some sunshine and thinking of the upcoming CPF
I won a nice hat from Fenix, I wore the rest of the night.

Thanks again Chizel, for supplying the power for the Gorilla, this year and last.

The Gorilla searchlight with temporary 600 watt standard HID bulb. IgNITEor, brought several 1,200 watt bulbs, soon, one of which to be installed into the Gorilla!

Here is the 600 watt Parking Lot/ Green House grow bulb, I use now.
Brand New 600 watt HID
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif

The arc is 3 inches long, (about 75mm)! The HMI 1,200 watt bulb IgNITEor brought, has a 10 mm, (about a 1/3 of an inch) arc! In other words, about 1/7th the length and twice the wattage! That is gonna be some beam!

The IgNITEor arrives.

The IgNITEor shows up with the powerful Military "Tank Light". This thing can light up an object many miles away.

The 1,200 watt HMI bulb brought by IgNITEor, is spewing out massive amounts of Photons during this test run. Maybe by this next CPF get together in Sptember?, the bulb will be housed with in the Gorilla. Come and see it! Date to be announced soon.

The Gorilla shines with it's temporary 600 watts. You can see the 1,200 watt HMI bulb, ready to be installed, just in the foreground of the Gorilla. 1200 watt HMI was installed a week after this photo shoot. Makes for a very much brighter, thinner, way more attention grabbing beam!

The Gorilla searchlight with it's temporary 600 watt standard HID bulb. It is a much brighter and better colluminated (thinner) beam with the 1,200 watt HMI bulb supplied by IgNITEor, now installed a week after this photo was taken. Come to the next CPF show to see the Gorilla "Roar" to life like never before!.

My Photos - Cancle Power Forum Getogether May 30, 2011

Photo 9 of 20 Back to Album · My Photos

The Gorilla homemade reflector and shiny tape mirror surface.

For comparison...last years Gorilla with 700 watt HMI
, (a bad bulb/ ballast, combo, made bulb flicker and age fast.).

Another shot of last years 700 watt HMI Gorilla.

The Tank Light dominates the sky with it's finely focused 2,400 watt Xenon!

Tank Light, with very nice beam, from it's rugged, precision construction.

The Tank Light lights up the heavens with it's powerful Xenon short arc lamp.

The Tank Light Shows the Gorilla how it must become. Here is a photo of last year's Gorilla with the 700 HMI partly focused. The 1,200 watt HMI should be about twice as bright and I'll focus it better. In contrast, this year's 600 watt HID appears much fatter, dimmer beam. C-Yah next get together!
4595028418_8be4a6bd27.jpg

Last years Gorilla with 700 watt HMI.

Gorilla and Tank Light beams frame the sky. Next get together, we will see the Gorilla's beam much thinner and brighter beam than in this photo. Still I think 600 watt standard HID works well for typical day-lighting purposes.

The big arc, (75mm) 600 watt temporary HID bulb makes the Gorilla beam appear dim in this shot. The 1200 watt HMI bulb recently supplied by IgNITEor, has just been installed and really shines bright and skinny!

Gorilla and the amazing Tank Light dazzle the crowds.

The Gorilla barely lights the cloud. The Tank Light lights the cloud so bright, it almost looks like a small moon!

Gorilla and Tank Light beams frame the sky. Here you can see both beams lighting the clouds, the Tank Light is much brighter with it's 2.4K watt Xenon bulb and the Gorilla's 600 watt parking lot bulb, laugh. Come to the next Renton, Washington CPF get together to see Gorilla with a 1,200 watt HMI 10 mm arc in action.

Sneak Look at the NEW Gorilla 1200 watt HMI beam. V

Here the 1200 watt HMI bulb has been installed, (a week after the Get together. Come to next get together to see the results).

To see the Gorilla at it's Apex, come to the next Seattle/ Portland area Get Together this Summer/ Fall session.

Had a great time! Will post a few more photos later. I have the Gorilla shining bright and thin, now! Come to the next get together to see!

See more of the Gorilla: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?251723-36-inch-Gorilla

Last edited:
Well I had a good time, everyone took some great pics. Thanks for the video Chizel, that's a nice promo. Well edited!

When I got back and unpacked, I realized that I had an extra Safe-Light. Someone set it on top of my unopened Safe-Light box, and I assumed that someone had pulled mine out and set it on top. If you're missing one, let me know where to send it!

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what the Gorilla now looks like with a 1200 watt HMI installed!!!

Strange perspective, top part of photo was taken looking nearly straight up, of cloud a mile and half up. The beam curves overhead like the Luxor Light in Las Vegas....Totally Awesome! To get proper perspective, get as close to the bottom of the computer screen as possible and look up to the top of picture.

Jenbo 1200 watt HMI small arc Metal Halide ballast, is about the size and weight of a motel room Bible...fits in the palm of my hand. Only $420.00! Hopefully last a while. The side cooling fins get hot after an hour...I may add a small fan to it. Two fans in the back of unit do a pretty good job of keeping the inside cool.

Come to the next Seattle/ Portland Area CPF get together later this Summer / Fall to see the 1200 watt HMI Gorilla!!!

Last edited:

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what the Gorilla did June 27th, at the South Side of Mummy Mountain, just East of and almost as tall as; Charleston Peak at 11,918 feet. Photo taken at about the 7,500 foot elevation. :naughty: I will bring the Gorilla and maybe the Night Hawk with 100 watt HID temporary light to the Seattle get together this Fall.
5914427001_61aa8bb3d4_z.jpg

This part of Mummy Mountain is mile and half away

Here is another view of the South Side of Mummy Mountain, just East of Charleston Peak at 11,918 feet. Photo taken at about the 7,500 foot elevation.

5914423941_9a009e3ac4_z.jpg

Mummy Mountain; mile long beam shot. The beam travels a little more than a mile here.

Here you can see the top of Mummy Mountain a mile from this parking lot, lit by the Gorilla searchlight.

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
Give me a date! :)

I can organize it for whatever date works for most people. Just need to check on the barn for availability.