Seattle area GT in May?

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
This is a go! I have the barn reserved and we just need to figure out a few logistics. Like the time to start :) Letting everyone know it is a go!

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
Well good gosh almighty. It's gonna be beams o'plenty! Great to know it's a go.
If I can get there earlier this time, all the better. More to see and more electro-hazard to
indulge one's tool bag in.
Looking to bring the Death Ray and the KK Light, as well the Baby Ray for some old school projector-lamp fun.
Thank you Skeptic for making the date!

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
I tried to call Mike at PTS. I left a message. If there is anyone else that has a good way to contact Mike please do.

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
I like these type of events, and would like to go. I noticed some guys on another forum are doing the same thing on the same date. I wonder if it would be possible to combine both events, since we're all into the same thing, and doing the same thing anyway. I'm not the organizer of either event, I'm mostly just a lurker on both forums, but if someone could coordinate with someone it would be great to have twice as many people in one spot, rather than half as many in two spots.

Here's the link to the thread on the other forum: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-your-Flashlight-and-let-s-compare!-Sept-24th

(Oh, and for future reference, it's easier to make a new thread for a new event, rather than bury the new event in an old thread, so people browsing the forum won't ignore an event announcement when they see the title of the thread is 6 months old.)

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
I called Mike and he is coming this next Saturday.

I have no problem inviting the Open Carry folks to join us. How can we get in contact with the guys at the other forum? If there is someone specific to email or call let's do that.

Yeah, sorry about burying this. I was just asking and the thread took off.

oldkim

Newly Enlightened
Open Carry

Hello,

My name is Young Kim and I just recently found your site. Recommended by several and met Mike@PTS today at the Monroe Gunshow.

I would like to look at putting these together and having my folks join your location.

Please send me location details (e.g. name, address and directions)

Also note that I have posted this information to demo and compare flashlights for self defense and general use. As you can see I have a spot for Kent, WA but Maple Valley is pretty close...

So, if you have the info please either reply here or send to my email at [email protected]

Thanks,
Young Kim
NRA Certified Instructor

www.shootonthemove.org

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the folks from Opencarry.org would like to join the folks from CPF at the barn. They had some questions to post:

1) address and directions
2) times (when does it start...)
3) food? I went through some older threads and it talked about food, etc... if that's the case do you do donations? people just bring food?
4) cost? any cost associated. Mike told me no but I want to make sure

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D sounds great combining events! Should we quickly start a new thread with a link on both to keep people informed no matter which one they get their info from?

I'm still toying with bringing the Night-hawk and or Mini LightSward, since I have to borrow parts from each to make the other operate...budget.

Last edited:
OK, so I've done it again! I was just starting to think about this again since we're on a regular 6-month schedule now ... this is good :)

Just to make sure people (like me) don't get left out, someone should post an announcement email to the Google Group. I'll make a reminder for myself about a month before the next spring meetup.

Since we've got the Opencarry folks joining us, are we open-carrying at the event? I'll dress appropriately if this is the case.

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
1) address and directions 20245 SE 192nd St, Renton Washington

2) times (when does it start...) Still working on the time. It will be probably after 6. We have the building as long as we want.

3) food? I went through some older threads and it talked about food, etc... if that's the case do you do donations? people just bring food? We have had a potluck in the past. A friend and I normally get hamburgers and hotdogs. Then have others bring salads, chips, desert, and such. Soft drinks, etc. Donations would be fine to help cover the cost of the burgers and such.

4) cost? any cost associated. Mike told me no but I want to make sure. The people who own the party barn let us use it for free. Mike has been generous each time and has given them a gift of flashlights. They really appreciate the lights and we always clean up the place, so they are happy to let me use it again.

Last edited:

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
Combining the events sounds fine to me. I have no problem with open carry. Just require people to be safe and such.

Yes, we need to get this on the Google group.

oldkim

Newly Enlightened
Excellent.

Please know I will be in the process of updating on the firearm forums.

Open carry is just one of many site. Please plan on an additional 20-40 folks.

Thanks for letting us tag onto the meeting!

Young Kim
Sent from my iPod touch.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will be great to see the other group/ combined event.

Looking forward to seeing this again!

It will be awesome to see IgNITEor's light; sometimes used at Burning Man, again.

IMG_1953.jpg

This thing is awesome!

An older version of what now should be the twice as bright Gorilla
4595028418_8be4a6bd27.jpg

I will bring the 1,200 watt HMI Gorilla, the 1,200 watt HMI Mini-LightSward and the 100 watt HID NightHawk which also takes a 1,200 watt HMI.

Last edited:

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have basically finished the Mini LightSward. This thing works well! Nice beam in a compact form that doesn't light up the surrounding area, like a stage follow spot, fairly intense beam. I will bring this to the get together with the improvements. I'll also bring the 1,200 watt HMI single ended bulb Gorilla and the 100 watt HID Home Depot lit NightHawk.

Here is the Mini LightSward with 1,200 watt HMI short arc with high volume air cooling system!

6161347485_929ddbfb9e_z.jpg

The 1,200 watt HMI short arc Mini LightSward

The Mini LightSward with 1,200 watt HMI double ended short arc high intensity light using a 7.5 inch Cyclops reflector with high volume cooling system, UV and Ozone collector and pleasing light guidance system.

Mini LightSward beam shot. Beam is only a few inches in diameter here.

The Mini LightSward is seen here where the beam starts from 8 inches in diameter.

6161884496_76d3999f91_z.jpg

Mini LightSward Searchlight beam shot

6161884014_da00cd1d49_z.jpg

Mini LightSward Searchlight cloud illumination

The Mini LightSward is seen here lighting the clouds, about a mile and a half in altitude, as seen from a half block away.

1,200 watt double ended bulb cool down

You can see a reflected view of the 1200 watt arc tube cooling down a minute after shutdown.

More photos on the Mini LightSward thread.

Come see the trio of recent high intensity powerful searchlights, all basically home made.

Last edited:

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a great time seeing all the lights. Amazing the general public is "in the dark" about the high tech lights we at the Get Together shine about.

Had fun, when I got home, trying not to annoy my sleeping neighbors, with my 'Eagle Tac' given away by Mike & Julie of Pacific Tactical Solutions. This light is bright; with a nice beam that unintentionally got a neighbor's attention from a block away, while walking her 'attack dogs' at 4 in the morning!

Many photos taken; so please post them!

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a small photo sample of the Seattle Area Get Together:
Here is sample of photos from the Get Together September 24th, 2011.

6184175575_05aef957db_z.jpg

Crowd anxiously awaits flash light give away drawing

Crowd anxiously awaits drawing for some excellent flashlights given away by Mike & Julie Seward from Pacific Tactical Solutions.

Phantom Photon's impressive collection

Phantom Photon was one of the first high tech, impressive collections I ever saw of high powered, High tech portable lighting!

The Gorilla tries it again.
6184176869_0ec5d2983b_z.jpg

The Baby Ray and Gorilla lights, started things off outside. The KK light was next, then Mini LightSward and finally the Grand Finale, "The DEATH RAY, (Tank Light)!

You can see Chizel's recently made 35 watt HID slicing through the Baby Ray and Gorilla beams near bottom.

The 'Death Ray' Tank Light seen with owner: IgNITEor, who supplied ballast and power to the Mini LightSward, and Chizel, electric supplier for the Gorilla. Thanks to all who made the 'Seattle area Get Together' possible, the property owners and the Chefs for flipping deliceous burgers, franks, corn bread and all the fixins.

6184181663_03d99db898_z.jpg

IgNITEor and Chizel check electrical of Tank Light

IgNITEor and Chizel talk electrical systems of the powerful and very well focused Tank Light.

6184180237_7e9bb3dfaf_z.jpg

Two very powerful lights

The Death Ray and Baby Ray dominate the night sky.

6184179667_0b3e06f5d1_z.jpg

The Mini LightSward and Gorilla compare

The Mini LightSward and Gorilla compare light output of their 1,200 watt HMI 4,000 watt incandescent equivalent beams. The Gorilla design to the right is more efficient and brighter, but the Mini LightSward is small and easier to transport, with less light wash.

6184700054_b4f2c0e94e_z.jpg

Four bright lights shine the night away

6184698776_9ff1197e25_z.jpg

IgNITEor and LightSward show off lights

Here you can see the Tank Light named the Death Ray and the Baby Ray showing the Mini LightSward and the Gorilla on the right, how lighting is done.

6184701824_52a4337e51_z.jpg

Some of the brightest lights people can have

Here you can see the Tank Light named the Death Ray and the Baby Ray showing the Mini LightSward and the Gorilla on the right, how lighting is done.

Just a sample, I have more, but other people have some very good photos too. Post them!​

Last edited: