Seattle area GTG 2015

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Alright, so I just threw this together, what do you all think?

Xnf8gGe.png

Nice!

We have been doing this quite some time and it's always a blast!

Wow it's been 8 years since the first get together at Magnuson Park on Lake Washington.

GOOD TIMES!!!

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Renton? My wife's company provides us with a free luxury Apt., in downtown Seattle.

I go to Nordstrom to get Suits cut and clothes, however we don't spend much time there, still they pay for a very expensive Apt., like Frasier's and I never bother to even look around the city, what with the dam rain.

I much prefer our California homes. The door man told me Renton was bad news like International Blvd.

It has been a couple of years since I have been to the Apt. When my wife does go, they send a private Boeing 737, and that may give up the Satellite Systems she works on? No, it is not Boeing. It is nice being the only two on the aircraft.

Still, I have no desire to check out this place, sorry. Move the flashlight experience to a better area, and I may attend?

Best,

NR
Come on Ned,

Did your doorman read that on the internet? :crackup:

The place where we have the get together is on private property in a rural neighborhood with very large lots and quite a few luxury homes. It's considered Maple Valley where the property is.

Did you ever think to look at Google Maps before trashing our best Get Together spot ever? :whistle:
20245 SE 192nd St, Renton, WA 98058

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...1!3m1!1s0x549060d3885e72a7:0x4b308826708dd486

If you don't have anything good to say, why say anything at all??? :grin2:

Renton? My wife's company provides us with a free luxury Apt., in downtown Seattle.

I go to Nordstrom to get Suits cut and clothes, however we don't spend much time there, still they pay for a very expensive Apt., like Frasier's and I never bother to even look around the city, what with the dam rain.

I much prefer our California homes. The door man told me Renton was bad news like International Blvd.

It has been a couple of years since I have been to the Apt. When my wife does go, they send a private Boeing 737, and that may give up the Satellite Systems she works on? No, it is not Boeing. It is nice being the only two on the aircraft.

Still, I have no desire to check out this place, sorry. Move the flashlight experience to a better area, and I may attend?

Best,

NR

Sorry Ned, news of your importance had not reached us out in the hinterlands :).

You should really get out and experience things for yourself instead of relying on your doorman's advice. Renton in general isn't bad, but for that matter what's wrong with International Blvd.? It's not a place I'd wander around at night, but it's not worse than many places in LA. I fail to see how much of what you've said pertains to our meet-ups or flashlights at all.

If you're only interested in talking about yourself I don't think you'll have a good time. If you're interested in lights, knives, guns, etc. and want to meet some cool people with similar interests you're welcome to join us at the next meet.

We meet in a quiet, private spot that's out of town, where there's plenty of room and plenty of dark to compare lights. Sure at this time of year it's dark later but we're usually there well after dark anyway.

Check out my photos from the event last year: https://www.flickr.com/photos/electromage/sets/72157645058935232

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I am sorry for upsetting the entire Pacific Northwest.

Electro, I was not trying to tease you, it's just I have in the past been to Seattle many times. I have tried to like it over the years, and frankly, I have been travelling for work for decades so, I am not much of a tourist any more.

Also, we have many people that live here in the desert during the winter season, and every one I meet are very nice people.

Hope you understand. When I retire I will never travel out of where we live. I love being at home.

Nevertheless, I do hope your event was fun and entertaining for everyone who attended.

If I do go up next time, would I be welcome at one of your retina burning meetings with lights that make the moon brighter? You guys have a grand assortment of some amazing lights!

I just wanted to edit this so you have a better under standing.

All the best, and thank you for your nice replies.

Respectfully,

NR

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Come on Ned,

Did your doorman read that on the internet? :crackup:

The place where we have the get together is on private property in a rural neighborhood with very large lots and quite a few luxury homes. It's considered Maple Valley where the property is.

Did you ever think to look at Google Maps before trashing our best Get Together spot ever? :whistle:
20245 SE 192nd St, Renton, WA 98058

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...1!3m1!1s0x549060d3885e72a7:0x4b308826708dd486

If you don't have anything good to say, why say anything at all??? :grin2:

Mike, please see my reply to Elecro. Love your internet quote!

Best,

NR

Re: Seattle area GTG 2015"

More about what CG? Boy, you guy's have a lot of extra days up there! :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

NR

Why, yourself, of course. I know, right? Last year it rained 372 days. Or, perhaps, it just seemed like it. Do you know how you get as much green as is in the Google picture Mike posted? You add rain, every day. Don't come. It never stops raining. :sweat:
That's not sweat, it's rain. :grin2:

~ Chance

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any chance of a fall GTG? I'm not actually from Seattle (eastern US) but am temporarily living in on the east side through Oct. for my wife's work. It would be cool to be able to meet up with some fellow CPF members.

Gunnerboy

Enlightened

RobertM,

I wasn't able to make it to this past GTG, but I'd be up for even a small-sized meetup of CPF'ers, maybe for a bite to eat. Seattle or the eastside is fine with me.

Gary

chizel

Newly Enlightened
Definitely another one this fall please. We'll get the word out earlier hopefully and more folks should be freed up anyway.