Sebenza?

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Save some $ and buy used. Like others who have responded, people don't tend to abuse the more expensive knives like they do with Spydercos, Gerbers, etc. (at least that is my experience!). The Sebenza feels good in the hand, has solid lockup, has a huge belly on the blade for smooth cutting, and is a joy to open and close. Really smooth! Used Sebbies can be had for around $300-350 used but in great condition. Just check the CPF marketplace every now and again, or even post a WTB in that section. Something is bound to come up!

Joseph
You CAB buy a NEW small Sebbie for $330.00.

beemerphile

Newly Enlightened
I am a lefty and have a 3-knife Chris Reeve lefty set that makes my other knives unnecessary.

Small Classic for EDC
Large Classic for Saturday jeans wear
Mnandi for Sunday dress

I have a drawer full of other knives including some very nice Benchmades, Spydercos, Kershaws and such that just don't get carried. I could have saved a bunch of money if I had started with the CRK's. The only other knife that gets any reasonable amount of use is my Bob Dozier fixed blade.

Taboot

Enlightened
I am a lefty and have a 3-knife Chris Reeve lefty set that makes my other knives unnecessary.

Small Classic for EDC
Large Classic for Saturday jeans wear
Mnandi for Sunday dress

I have a drawer full of other knives including some very nice Benchmades, Spydercos, Kershaws and such that just don't get carried. I could have saved a bunch of money if I had started with the CRK's. The only other knife that gets any reasonable amount of use is my Bob Dozier fixed blade.

That's what I'm trying to avoid. My drawer is already full of lights that I could have avoided if I went for the best from the start.

Bucky

Enlightened
I would opt for the 'Zaan too, unless you can find a Tom Mayo custom in that price range.

I like smaller knives myself so I am crossing my fingers that they release a small 'Zaan at some point.

Bucky

guyg

Newly Enlightened
Alot of people get tired of the "plainness" of the Plain Sebby. If you can, go with an inlay or computer graphic. The 'Zaan is fantastic.Totally new design. CR also put a cross pattern in the handle to upgrade the plain look. I have a Small Wood w/ Damascus, a Large Plain in BG42, an Umfaan, a 'Zaan, 3 one piece and just got the Inyoni. My daughter carries an older S30V small classic that I gave her.
Cant go wrong with Chris Reeve.

Taboot

Enlightened
Got it! Lg Seb 21 used. Good price too. It is awesome. Not very sharp though. I may be in the market for a SharpMaker or something. Thanks for all the input.