SHOT Show 2012: Surefire 'New Products'

grayhighh

Enlightened
Re: Surefire New Products 2012

Like the new look of EB1. Will definitely get one if announce.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been around this kind of rumor a few times, and I am still waiting for my LX1, LOL Surefire needs to release less videos and market interest probes, and just go make some damn lights. Wake me up when the new LX2 and E1B hits the stores.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad i didnt buy the current LX2
See if we can touch them at the end of the year :p
LX1 is dead even though it was featured in the gunshow video before

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

SS = Spring sale or summer sale?
Its keeping my heart itchy on the LX2!

yifu

Enlightened

SS = Spring sale or summer sale?
Its keeping my heart itchy on the LX2!
SS= SHOT Show. It's a show on the 17th of jan every year where all kinds of tactical equipment manufacturers gathers to show off their new stuff.

bedazzLED

Enlightened

Looks like I'll be upgrading my LX2 and E1B. Still got a little time to save for them and gives me time to save for an M3LT. Let's see, Jan-2014 release date sound about right?

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lots of nice stuff, but wouldn't the IR1 Illuminator (IR output, TIR, two-stage TailCap, two-way PocketClip) be a LX1 if they put a Cree XM-L in there instead of the IR led...

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

LX1 appeared in the shotshow before, and it was introduced by the staff too
It then disappeared but not being selled

pulstar

Enlightened

I wonder how would new TIR lens be able to focus the emitted light from big, fat XM-L I really liked the beam on my LX2 and i regret that i sold it...

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

I expect the new LX2 having the same beam profile as current one, tight and fog cutting, pocket thrower

yifu

Enlightened

I expect the new LX2 having the same beam profile as current one, tight and fog cutting, pocket thrower
9K lux at 1m isn't a thrower at all. If anything, the new LX2 would have a lower lux as the die size of the XP-G is double the size of the XP-Es of the older generation. I am 90% sure that the new 500 lumen series uses the XP-G LED, possibly the highest S3 bin, which is capable of that output with the TIR optic, which is much more efficient than normal reflectors and on par with the highest quality electroformed reflectors with UCL lenses.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

9K lux at 1m isn't a thrower at all. If anything, the new LX2 would have a lower lux as the die size of the XP-G is double the size of the XP-Es of the older generation. I am 90% sure that the new 500 lumen series uses the XP-G LED, possibly the highest S3 bin, which is capable of that output with the TIR optic, which is much more efficient than normal reflectors and on par with the highest quality electroformed reflectors with UCL lenses.
I bet its XM-L, few point
Surefire tends to use XM-L in current LED line
They dont bluff lumen, XP-G with 500lm is on the edge of cliff, may even require overdriving, with R5 its only [email protected], and the maximum one stated by CREE is 493lm, with 7% of tolerable error, new bin isnt officially available yet IF the data sheet still holds, even S2 isnt widely available, let alone S3
I hope they would re-design the optics utilizing XM-L
And currently-latest E-series LED uses XR-E, E1B, LX2 etc
Btw, if new LX2 have a RRT-0 XM-L beam profile, i would definitely stick with the old one ; )

Last edited:

SKYTRAIL

Newly Enlightened

There is only one thing missing from the following that would make them perfect ..... UM2 Ultra - P2X-B-BK Fury - LX2 Ultra - E1B ... PK's signature adorning each one. I'll be ordering one of each please, with or without the signature. :thumbsup:
"What a shame they don't put "First production Run" on the first 1,000" ... Hmm.

DM51

Flashaholic

Some nice looking lights there - the new designs are very eye-catching.

It's getting hard to find a SF light with <500 lumens these days, LOL.

Glock 22

Enlightened

I like the upgrade on the LX2. But I'm a big fan of the E2DL and I wish Surefire would come up with one same body style and size of the current E2DL but with the same output of the upgraded LX2. Now that would be pretty sweet.