boo5ted

Enlightened

Attachments

• original_a124f3d2-22d7-4b66-81ee-2b1a2a07a189_20230520_175552.jpg
    original_a124f3d2-22d7-4b66-81ee-2b1a2a07a189_20230520_175552.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 80

murrydan

Newly Enlightened
That Preon though, I had an early gen a while back but lost it. Just recieved the new MKIII and love it.
Really nice, I dig the design and splash of color. I have a mild addiction to AAA Ti lights.

I like that Saints avatar! We just moved out of NOLA about 10 years ago and bought a house on the other side of the lake.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Really nice, I dig the design and splash of color. I have a mild addiction to AAA Ti lights.

I like that Saints avatar! We just moved out of NOLA about 10 years ago and bought a house on the other side of the lake.
Thanks! Born and raised in Marrero on the "Best Bank" (lol) and lived in Slidell until 2009 when I moved just north of ATL. North Shore is nice, I still have plenty friends and family from Baton Rouge all the way to Grand Isle and everywhere in between haha.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
Work provided me this guy, so he's getting pocket time this week :)

Attachments

• 9uETWNl[1].jpg
    9uETWNl[1].jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 83

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I switch off between a North Arms Skaha 2 and a Microtech UMS. I usually also throw in this little Beaver Tail as a second blade.
Others like my leatherman wave or a Survive 4.7 are not EDCs but when needed get thrown into my bag. View attachment 37828
How do you like that little Parker Beaver tail?

fuyume

Enlightened
For about the past 20 years, my EDC folders have been the Victorinox Rambler and the Gerber Harsey AirFrame. The titanium one on top is my EDC, the aluminium one on bottom is what I carry for "dress up", because it's lighter, and more comfortable to clip to my lingerie under an evening gown, and the Rambler will go in my evening clutch.

I also carry the set of Snow Peak titanium flatware in my handbag, for lunch on the go, but I've replaced the stainless steel chopsticks at the bottom with titanium ones.

I've been carrying these for so long now, that I honestly don't even remember what I carried before this. Probably the black Victorinox SwissChamp I used to have, and the first gen Leatherman Wave. Since I was a tech consultant back in those days, I always kept those in my briefcase to get inside clients' computers and open up boxes of new hardware and software.

img_0698.jpg

fuyume

Enlightened
I've honestly been thinking of going back to Victorinox, a 93 mm Alox model, for EDC. I just want the small electrician's blade, the scissors, the caplifter, and an inline Phillips driver. This one is a custom by Robert Lessard, and it's exactly what I want, except with regular silver Alox scales, or maybe black Type III hard anodized, instead of white Cerakote.

Screenshot (766).png

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
...I've replaced the stainless steel chopsticks at the bottom with titanium ones.
I've never gotten along well with the steel Korean chopsticks, especially with how skinny they are, and have always preferred tapered bamboo (Japanese style), especially if I'm carrying them with me. Are your titanium replacements identical to the steel ones?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old faded Atlantic Salt been sharpened maybe half dozen times. Using Wharncliffe Spydercos for Sunday-go-to-meetin events (and paycheck work).

Yeah titanium spoon with long handle is so useful; one in work pack and one at home. Easier to keep clean than a fork, one opinion.

That fuyume image of the white swiss army knife is pretty cool. I keep separate scissors and screwdriver in work pack for ease of use.

kaichu dento, fuyume, what percentage of the time do you use chopsticks?

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I use them pretty much daily, having grown up with them, and even prefer to eat such things as cake with them; much easier, and less mess. There are periods where I'll use nothing but a spoon too, depending on what I'm eating, but for me, both chopsticks and spoons are life necessities.

I would carry chopsticks with me all the time except I've never found a pocket friendly version that I liked. Either too short or too much hassle and harder to clean, especially since plain bamboo are my favorite.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old faded Atlantic Salt been sharpened maybe half dozen times. Using Wharncliffe Spydercos for Sunday-go-to-meetin events (and paycheck work).

Yeah titanium spoon with long handle is so useful; one in work pack and one at home. Easier to keep clean than a fork, one opinion.

That fuyume image of the white swiss army knife is pretty cool. I keep separate scissors and screwdriver in work pack for ease of use.

More pics please!

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
This Dragonfly is with me clipped to my waistband no matter what I'm doing. Dyed the yellow scales black and have let them fade out. As far as a small pocket knife goes this is the best one I've ever had. On occasion I'm tempted to buy other knives, maybe something a bit bigger, but this thing handles everything.
IMG_2192.jpeg