Show Us Your EDC Folder

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's an endless list, even among others who have owned a lot of different brands and models. Not hard to find countering favorites with Hinderer, Chris Reeves, Benchmade, and on and on forever.
There's plenty of great knives out there. However, considering all the ones I've tried (benchmade, Protech, Microtech, hinderer, and some others) I always come back to Spyderco as my top favorite considering the best of materials used and value

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Made in a garage. Titanium frame lock. O1 steel blade

View attachment 44957
Very similar to my favorite Dozier folding knife

Now I have Boker all the time. I forgot the model, it's old, 70-80s - upd. - this is Model 93 (Slimline?) ~1978-1984 made

Now it is produced under the name Boker Delicate Uno Slipjoint :
1686504943518.png

This is my
IMG_7529.JPG

Below the Boker is Buck 110 Slim Pro with Micarta handle. Mikarta is very unfortunate. It fits nicely in the hand and does not slip, but this micarta is not an electrically insulating class, that is, not all fibers are impregnated, it also smells quite strongly of the resin with which it is impregnated and the smell is renewed, as the top layer continues to crumble. Water easily passes through it, it is porous. If it is used as a hunting knife, then grease and blood will soak the handle and it will be very difficult to clean it. All this will lead to rotting and a breeding ground for microorganisms. If you use it only as a hunting or working knife, without touching food, then it will not matter. The knife itself is very successful - light, durable, good steel, good clip. It was discontinued and now there is a collapsible version on Torx screws with G10 which is dense and not impregnated with dirt

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
spydercos are my favorite brand of knives, and I've owned a lot in my lifeti
Same and I've pretty well settled on the Salt line for their simplicity and how they don't care if you totally neglect them. No rusting, no liners, no washers etc.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
There's plenty of great knives out there.
There sure are and people of antiquity would be jealous of the quality and range available. Some of us that have had a lot of Spyderco knives still prefer their Benchmades, and while I've still got a couple of the former, it's the Benchmade lineup that been my regular carry ever since they introduced the 705/710 and Presidio series.
that Buck 110 with Micarta is beautiful
You just made me miss my micarta Bucks! I know I've still got two of them, but have no idea which box they're in, other than one within a 100 miles of Fairbanks.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
There sure are and people of antiquity would be jealous of the quality and range available. Some of us that have had a lot of Spyderco knives still prefer their Benchmades, and while I've still got a couple of the former, it's the Benchmade lineup that been my regular carry ever since they introduced the 705/710 and Presidio series.

You just made me miss my micarta Bucks! I know I've still got two of them, but have no idea which box they're in, other than one within a 100 miles of Fairbanks.
There are some discontinued benchmades that I had and wish I still owned like the AFO, mini auto stryker, and other older stryker models with liner lock.

I need to get a Buck. Been checking them out lately

yearnslow

Enlightened
Carry this protech TR3 everyday, and have done for the last six years. It is pressed into service for almost everything from the kitchen to the workbench. Protech's are, in my opinion, outstanding value for money.

Attachments

• IMG_3177.jpeg
    IMG_3177.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 90

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
At a local flea market, I found an Emerson 8-mini at a good price (this one turned out to be the original, although the market is flooded with quality copies). For comparison, Boker 93. He opened and closed with his left hand, and cut himself, did not even notice how it happened, very sharp. For most other knives, the cutting edge does not start at the handle itself, here at the handle itself, this is good for planing wood or wires - the place where maximum force is applied. But when closing, if you do not remove your finger, you can cut off some skin. They can cut the ends of cigars in this way, although Cubans prefer to just bite them off. Always be careful :giggle:

Attachments

• IMG_7573.jpg
    IMG_7573.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7565.JPG
    IMG_7565.JPG
    876.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7566.JPG
    IMG_7566.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 89

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
I am trying really hard to like this knife, but its tough. I would have never gotten it but I found it at a price I was willing to pay and bought into the hype 🙄 Carrying now for week #2 and it's just not doing it for me. Don't get me wrong, its a good knife, just not a great knife and certainly NOT worth $100+! And although I didn't pay anywhere near that, I still think I paid too much. It'll probably end up in my safe.

Attachments

• D52UDE5[1].jpg
    D52UDE5[1].jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 93

boo5ted

Enlightened
I am trying really hard to like this knife, but its tough. I would have never gotten it but I found it at a price I was willing to pay and bought into the hype 🙄 Carrying now for week #2 and it's just not doing it for me. Don't get me wrong, its a good knife, just not a great knife and certainly NOT worth $100+! And although I didn't pay anywhere near that, I still think I paid too much. It'll probably end up in my safe.
The Bugout is a really good knife, if you think $100 is too much you definitely don't want to know how much I've got in this one lol.

Attachments

• 20230203_070304.jpg
    20230203_070304.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 86

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received this on Friday (I FRIGGIN HATE USPS🤬) and I think it may be in my pocket for a long time; introducing my new Kershaw/Emerson CQC6K!
I like the pocket opener, what do they call it, The Wave, or something? I hate the disk thumb stud thing, though. I much prefer Kershaw's thumb stud they had on the Blackout, that is the Kershaw that I have had experience with. Ended up giving my plain edge one to one kid, and the half serrated edge one to the other kid. Now I'm Blackout-less. 😭 One of these days I'll see if I can find one on the bay. For now I'm rocking the Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Combat Folder Double Bevel. Unsharpened false edge at present, but "one of these days" I'll have someone put an edge on the top. Actually, I am thinking of replacing it with something lighter weight, it is a chunk! But, it has good reach, and it will be a double edge someday. Plus the designers...well, you know! :ninja: