Show your 12P/12ZM/12PM(T3,SRTH,or mod, NOT M4) !!

cenz

Enlightened
Received my sealed NIB 12ZM. My tail cap, as viewed through the plastic bag, is slightly different from AW's pictured above. Mine does not have a "12ZM" designation. Later version perhaps? Might need Size 15's on this one. Pictures coming soon.

await@@@

willrx

Enlightened
IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

That's all for now. Haven't opened it yet.:)
Will

willrx

Enlightened
I have an M6 on the way. Surely others will chime in with thoughts on the comparison between the two. There may not be much difference.

Size15's

Flashaholic
That is a later batch with the SRTH so it's beam is slightly different to the T-62.
The "KT4" TurboHead Kit No.4 uses the Millennium TurboHead. To refer to the Millennium TurboHead as the "KT4" is wrong. I dislike it more than "HAII"

The Millennium TurboHead and KT TurboHead have the same, more disruptive stochastic reflector finish compared to the less forgiving SRTH and T-62 reflector finishes. The N62's filament is not as large nor as 'in need' of a more dispersing finish so to my eyes the N62 beam looks practically identical in the Millennium TurboHead / KT TurboHead, and the SRTH, and the T-62.
The MN60 and MN61 on the other hand don't always produce perfect beams in the older TurboHeads.

cenz

Enlightened
That is a later batch with the SRTH so it's beam is slightly different to the T-62.
The "KT4" TurboHead Kit No.4 uses the Millennium TurboHead. To refer to the Millennium TurboHead as the "KT4" is wrong. I dislike it more than "HAII"

What did you mean the "HAII"? is it T series?

Size15's

Flashaholic
What did you mean the "HAII"? is it T series?
"HAII" is a term people ignorantly use to refer to type II anodising.
"HA" stands for 'Hard Anodised' and is the name for type III anodising to differentiate it from the less durable type II anodising.
Both these types come from the US Military Specification MIL-A-8625.

So the term "HAII" is like saying "Hard Anodised not Hard Anodised"

Last edited:

willrx

Enlightened
Size15's,
I'd like to say thanks for adding such wonderful content to this thread. This is sure to help many folks in the future. Prior to this there were only a couple of short threads on the 12PM/ZM.:thumbsup:
Will

cenz

Enlightened
"HAII" is a term people ignorantly use to refer to type II anodising.
"HA" stands for 'Hard Anodised' and is the name for type III anodising to differentiate it from the less durable type II anodising.
Both these types come from the US Military Specification MIL-A-8625.

So the term "HAII" is like saying "Hard Anodised not Hard Anodised"

Thanks your expert-graded infomation first, and hope you can have 12ZM .

Recently, I'm thinking and considering to replace the SRTH plastic lens to glasses, but it seems very risk...

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks your expert-graded infomation first, and hope you can have 12ZM .

Recently, I'm thinking and considering to replace the SRTH plastic lens to glasses, but it seems very risk...
Thanks - I'm not in the market for a 12ZM - that ship has flown the coop.

I'm not sure it will be possible to replace the Lexan window for a glass window. The Lexan window is secured by a push-in snap-fit method that requires the polycarbonate flexibility.