Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willrx

Enlightened
Re: Post Your RARE/UNUSUAL SUREFIRES:

A recent acquisition adding yet another view to a great set. Thanks for looking.
IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened

jtivat, is that a red E1e? Do you have anymore pics or info on it?

Most impressive collection BTW:thumbsup:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine is nothing like all yours but here are few minus a few 6 series I know a bit dark can't even see the winelights

Dave

surefirecollect-1.jpg

and this new one is why I need to sell a couple mags.

ba31_1.jpg

willrx

Enlightened

nailbender,
Don't kid yourself, that is a very nice collection. We have to keep in mind most people don't have (1) Surefire. BTW, where is North Carolia?:) I know, everyone's a comedian.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Durn someone else ask me where that was and I just now got it DUH

the light is a SF 12PM/ZM light and it is built like that I just couldn't resist when I saw.

Dave

Size15's

Flashaholic

Dave,
It's not a 12ZM (CombatLight body). The body looks like a 12PM body. The TurboHead is the so-called SRTH and the adapter collar is from a KT1/KT2 TurboHead Kit. So it's almost an original 12PM.

There were two main versions of the 12PM - the first one with the T-62 TurboHead (so-called TRTH), and later with the SRTH.
Both came with the N62 Lamp Assembly. Black base, no etched markings. unfrosted bulb. Sucks the very life out of the very best batteries. Good for two three-minute constant-on burns if that floats your boat. I quickly realised the value of the M6 after spending entirely too much feeding my 12PM !!

Click to enbiggen...

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic

Finally! Thanks to DaFabricata, I have a USMC Surefire to send to my Chosin Reservoir Marine Veteran Pappy! :twothumbs

IMGP2487.jpg

IMGP2488.jpg

He's gonna be one surprised and tickled Leatherneck!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Size15

I appreciate you helping me get it straight. I knew it was a 12 something and quoted the seller, just knew it was a cool looking SF and had to have it.

Thanks

Dave

willrx

Enlightened

Thanks for the compliment. I was happy to find any set-with any box. No separate box for the knife. Everything was in the white box pictured.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the compliment. I was happy to find any set-with any box. No separate box for the knife. Everything was in the white box pictured.

Hey Will, take a look at my post for my Strider SF
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2641174&postcount=339

Look closely at the "SF" logo on the knife. Yours is a variant. I think maybe they made them like yours in early numbers. but I have no way of validating it.

My knife has "Surefire" logo stamped on the knife.

Also my other M2-ST came in a box. check the last pic. My Strider SF/M2-ST set didnt come with any packaging as I bought it used.

May I ask how much you spent on your set?

willrx

Enlightened

Very interesting indeed. We may need the help of someone the likes of Size15's. His ability to dig for information is amazing. It is also rumored that there were not enough Strider knives to match the number of Surefire lights that were numbered for this collaberation-500 or 1000? Might be a story there.:confused:

Size15's

Flashaholic

Very interesting indeed. We may need the help of someone the likes of Size15's. His ability to dig for information is amazing. It is also rumored that there were not enough Strider knives to match the number of Surefire lights that were numbered for this collaberation-500 or 1000? Might be a story there.:confused:
I also heard there were basically two versions of the Strider set as noted here.
As for further details... I've no idea.
Perhaps asking questions on a Strider Knives forum could help?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

hmm interesting. But to make a stamp change somewhere between 39 and 72? seems like will's may be on the rare side. regardless of low numbers. Im curious to know which numbers did they change the stamping.

I suspect that Strider made a short run for SF to look over and approve or disapprove.

IMG_0598.jpg

sflogojj6.jpg

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

DAMN!
Now I need the knife to go with my light!

Probably never find that!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Will, take a look at the 2003 SF catalog. It has the article that mentions the emerson and strider on page 90. Or page 56 of the PDF file.

Also will can you take pics of the "M2 Centurion" side? Im curious if yours is like mine. The pic in the catalog has the older style:

Millenium Series
-------+------
M2 Centurion

BUT it has the Strider logo. Granted it is product shot photograph. But the emerson set is serial number 9. sadly I cant tell what number the catalog pic is.

Both my Strider M2s have the newer etching with paten numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.