Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

luisma

Enlightened
I got this one the day before yesterday from a fellow member. I have been looking for this light myself for a while now and I finally found it like I wanted it, NIB never been open and as long as it belongs to me it won't get opened either. The good thing is that I can display it and be able to see it. :D

If anyone out there knows how many where actually made of these beauties, I heard two stories 25 and the other 50 where made, anyone knows?

Thanks

Luis

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Remington is SWEET!!! :eek:oo:

Temest UK: Glad to see you're still alive and kicking! I don't post as much as I used to, so I understand.

BTW...I wasn't a fan of Surefire's newer lights, but they have grown on me over time...and I do love my Fury, it has become one of my favorite lights.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Edit #2: Interesting that of his four "friends" on CPF, only Empath is still active...Kiessling, Radio and Tempest UK have all stopped posting. It's funny how you don't realize that you haven't seen posts from certain familiar people for a long time...I wonder how many other "old timers" have dropped off the radar without my noticing? :(

Alive and well!

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm alive!

I check back on the forums every now and then, particularly this thread. I haven't been as interested in SureFire's offerings over the past few years so gradually stopped having things to contribute.

I'm still impressed by all the cool things people find and post in this thread, though. Very impressive collections and some stuff I never thought I would see.

:wave:

samuraishot

Enlightened
Hey guys, I didn't want to post a whole new thread about this, so I thought I'd ask it here real quick. Is the E2L-AA in BK considered rare?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was probably false advertisement by the merchant... we both found that seller is marketing it as "black" but manufacturer's code is E2LAA-HA-WH so - regular olive-drab/grey HA...

luisma

Enlightened
Here is a treat for you guys, this is a 3P Prototype that Surefire was going to make to go along with the 6P USA edition, no USA 3P's ever got done and the project got dumped. The bezel is the original that came with the light, the tailcap is not the original tailcap, the original was Silver but the seller did not have it so I added the black one to make it look like a complete light, I thought of taking one my old 3P's and taking off the ano and making it look silver any other ideas would be appreciated.

Luis :party:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luisma that is a treasure. Are the white stripes clear anodized aluminum?

It's a shame about the tailcap but like you said, you probably could strip the ano off one and polish it up where it looks nice.

luisma

Enlightened
Thanks 880arm,
The stripes are actually anodized white stripes, the red is also a little bid different than the Red 3P's I have, it's more of a soft red not as bright as the others, the blue bezel is the same as the Old Vintage Blue 6P's I have.

Luis

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Here is a treat for you guys, this is a 3P Prototype that Surefire was going to make to go along with the 6P USA edition, no USA 3P's ever got done and the project got dumped. The bezel is the original that came with the light, the tailcap is not the original tailcap, the original was Silver but the seller did not have it so I added the black one to make it look like a complete light, I thought of taking one my old 3P's and taking off the ano and making it look silver any other ideas would be appreciated.

Luis :party:

If the color is the main thing, the easiest thing to do is to get a Gunmetal 6P and just use the tailcap from that.

Blackbird13

Enlightened
Here is a couple yal folks might like . One is an older m6 that after I bought I was upset at the scratches, after looking at it closer it appears to be milling marks . But I'm not sure if that process would take place after the ha process . Either way I still love the light . Oh ya and this little prototype I received from a bud. Thanks and enjoy
null_zpsf56084ff.jpg
null_zpsec1bfa58.jpg
null_zpsb2cbb940.jpg
null_zpsfa407d24.jpg
null_zpsee5a5677.jpg

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a couple yal folks might like . One is an older m6 that after I bought I was upset at the scratches, after looking at it closer it appears to be milling marks . But I'm not sure if that process would take place after the ha process . Either way I still love the light . Oh ya and this little prototype I received from a bud. Thanks and enjoy
null_zpsec1bfa58.jpg

What is this? Looks very serious!

Status
Not open for further replies.