Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 3

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Just picked up this one. Not sure how rare or unusual it is, but I haven't seen many.

dQnOLKu.jpg

cody12

Newly Enlightened
I have a question(for Rat) about the number of flats on the E2e and E1e. Are the 2 flat models more desireable and more valuable? Also, how do you feel about the narrow flats vs. the wide flats E2e? I looked for answers to these questions in other threads, but to no avail.

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone see this 3P on everyone's favorite auction site? I am certain it will go for way more than I can afford but I was wondering if anyone knows the story behind it. I've never seen the VLER logo on the head before.

pREMcpC.jpg

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, very cool info! Archie, how that heck did you remember that link from 7+ years ago? I wish I had that kind of memory!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Speaking of rare SFs, I loved those limited edition Abel speckled trout designs from years ago. I don't recall anymore details, but the colored anodizing was quite attractive. But I almost (but not quite) bought it when one came up for sale here.

I just found found this thread which had a photo:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?314581-Fishy-Surefires

Anybody here remember them?

Last edited:

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
here's a couple of items i've found.

the 1st one is an old 6p body, but the grip is pretty strange...it is not an add-on, it is fixed to the body.

2lbdhci.jpg

the 2nd one, well i have no idea what it is...found it in a bunch of sf parts. finish and threads fit perfectly with other old sf i have.
that pin rotates but not freely, maybe it is some incomplete mount...but then what are those inner electronics for?

op7d4m.jpg

2akmczm.jpg

r1yfpv.jpg

am87ki.jpg

rcq539.jpg

j0zg5j.jpg

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
alright...found 3 batteries and a Chinese bulb, put all together and tested.
and that mistery part seems to be...

A STROBO WITH DIMMER!

at least that's what it seems.
when the flashlight is on, it is always in strobe mode (i can hear a little "tictictictic" inside it) and the little swivel regulates the output; pretty cool since i got no idea they've ever produced something like that back in the days. i really would like to know more about it but maybe it's better to open a new thread.
a couple more of pics for you

2ailbw2.jpg

33vhp9j.jpg

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Well if you can only own one Surefire that's a heck of a choice. Very nice!