SureFire 3P Upgrades?

Buckshot

Newly Enlightened
May have been asked before, may be so obvious that this is a stupid question, I don't know. My 2nd post here so please take that into account.

I have a green SureFire 3P Christmas Light (got it from Cheaper Than Dirt years ago when they really were, they said that they were available in red and green and made at Christmas time so that cops could give their significant other a good flashlight NOT in the standard black.

It is a nice carry size, but the single CR123 is not that bright and doesn't last that long at all, you almost hate to do a function check on it once a week, it seems that you can see the light dimming as you function check it. CR123s have never really come down in price either like many predicted when these lights first came out.

Thanks,

Buckshot

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! The 3P is a fantastic light! I recently got a Solarforce LED module from Lighthound,
their lower-voltage (.8V to 4.somethingV) model for my 3P clone, and it's fantastic. A little cool
on the tint with a hint of blue, but puts out a great beam and a ton of light for such a small package.
And it's like 15 bucks or so.

The ultimate upgrade is a Malkoff M30/M31. A little spendy, but the best tint and output you'll find for a single CR123.

Last edited:

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Look for a used Malkoff M30 on the Marketplace, works fine on one AW 123 rechargeable.

Last edited:

Xacto

Enlightened
I second the Solarforce LED module sween1911 mentions. I have one in my L2m (1xCR123 config) and the output is really great. No real experience on the runtime but so far, I did not have to change the battery so far.

Cheers
Thorsten
P.S.: Cherish that little 3P, I am still on the hunt for one for collectors reason.