Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake25

Enlightened
img5zds.jpg

Is it the price for all the goodies in the case ... As in cased price .
Yea including the case too. Right not stock is extremely limited. I could only get my hands on 4 complete kits. They are going to be out of stock for a little while

Last edited:

radu1976

Enlightened
I think T4 is overpriced.... or maybe I have gotten used to the nice prices Solarforce have been offering.

I have the same feeling about this...
It's probably our fault as we , the CPF-ers, pointed the good qualities of the L2 - best 6P copy etc - plus other SOLARFORCE stuff so that this company decided to charge us extra considering our opinions about its products...:naughty:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW... can you can "another Surefire clone" which will probably really kick butt!

I'm really looking forward to knowing more about this light!

Me too :D

:duh2: keeping my eye on this.
Btw, where's your Solarforce pics huh?

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_2367.JPG

A little mixing

No, the L2m does not turn on w/ the Z48 =(

Try TWO Malkoff beryllium spacers in the tailcap... it'll likely give just enough extra contact to make the tailcap work with the L2m body. They did with my Z-49. If Solarforce is smart, they'll make the L2 and L2m totally compatible with the Surefire tailcaps! (Why? Because Surefire tailcaps have momentary/forward clickies and Solarforce doesn't - except with that monster tailcap they offer.)

Last edited:

jake25

Enlightened
:candle:
Try a washer or Malkoff spacer/washer in the tailcap... may give just enough extra contact to make the tailcap work with the L2m body. If Solarforce is smart, they'll make the L2 and L2m totally compatible with the Surefire tailcaps! (Why? Because Surefire tailcaps have momentary/forward clickies and Solarforce doesn't.)
Dhart this was Solarforce's goal. There was an error in physical manufacturing at the plant they are made. The problem was supposed to be fixed in the next "batch" of L2m's but it was not

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too :D

:duh2: keeping my eye on this.
Btw, where's your Solarforce pics huh?

When they offer that sexy light without all the fru-fru, I'm in. Don't need a charger and the extra ying-yang. In time, they'll have that sexy little number for sale all on its own for, what, $35?

Yeah... I do need to create some Solarforce drool... ;) Will do.

Disco888

Newly Enlightened
The T4 is up on solarforcestore website with 2mode q5 and extension tube for x2aa for $55.........seems a bit steep compared to the L2 but it is a nice looking light..

Disco

jake25

Enlightened
The T4 with 1xCR123 body and 1xAA body retails around $55.

So I'm going to guess the T4 with just 1xCR123 body will be $45?

KBOy

Newly Enlightened
nice light , but I have no solarforce light.:shakehead:shakehead

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T4 LOOKS awesome, but what will really sell it will NOT be a bunch of extraneous stuff, but putting the R2 lamp in it with 3-levels: high (full power), mid (like 50 to 60 lumens), and a verrry low low (like 2-4 lumens?) output. NO strobe. NO SOS. (Learn from Fenix's error of NOT making their lows l-o-w enough. Just ask any experienced flashaholic around here... we want a low of about 2-4 lumens AT MOST. Mid will be the most used setting at around 50-70 lumens, and high will be used on occasion for wow and for when NEEDED.)

IMAGINE how excited we would all be for that configuration? IMAGINE!!!

Jake... just what keeps Solarforce from producing such a light???? Don't they know how much we CRAVE such a light??? How well it would SELL? They would SO TOTALLY CLEAN UP AROUND HERE with such a light!!!

If I were in charge of product design/engineering of a firm such as Solarforce, the FIRST thing I would put the engineers on is a three mode R2 lamp just as I described. (But remember, the low really has to be reaaaaally l-o-w!) Then put it in the T4, market it, then sit back, take orders and start counting ALL THE MONEY!

Last edited:

jake25

Enlightened
Heh Dhart, Solarforce is a growing company, they have many lights they are building/designing as we speak

I will pass on the info.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 Modes = No strobe No SOS

Low - Med - Hi - Super Lo

I like my Lo a little higher , 20 to 30 Lumen , but Id like to see super Lo 5 Lumen ...

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, 4-mode is great, just make sure the lowest low is truly l-o-w, because when you use a light under dark conditions to see your way around, you realize that 2 to 5 lumens or so is all you need and any more than that is LIKE SHOUTING... TOO MUCH. Plus, at 2 to 5 lumens, the light should be able to run for an exceptionally long time!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh Dhart, Solarforce is a growing company, they have many lights they are building/designing as we speak

I will pass on the info.

Jake what is the commonality with previous solarforce parts?1

I am especially interested in T4 - 18650 body and L2 - T4 tailcap compatibility....

jake25

Enlightened
I am pretty sure they are compatible, however I am not going to confirm this. Because the T4 can use the AA body how come we haven't seen it before? I see what you mean and I will ask into this

you can ignore my pm, btw

edit: The T4 is not compatible with the L2 line, it is it's own design.

Last edited:

jake25

Enlightened
Hmm... then seems like it will not be M60 drop-in-able. :shakehead
It is not.
Solarforce is a growing company and they are trying new things. If there is interest in this light they will probably change the design

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.