Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Whew! I just finished reading this entire post! I will be purchasing an L2 as soon I can decide what combo to get ; L2 sand or L2P HA III natural; 1 mode or 3 mode drop in.

I do have a couple of questions about a drop-in. I will be running (1) 18650 and prefer throw over flood...is there a drop in that would be considered the best thrower? My 18650's are salvaged laptop cells. I saw someone mentioned using a drop-in that was 3v-?v, using the module for discharge protection. Is this practical and if so, where can I find one as it seems lighthound and sbflashlights have .8-4.2 and 4.2-8.4 modules.

I am trying to do this somewhat budget-oriented, so If the Solarforce modules are the best bang for my buck, that's fine by me.

edit: I just found a Cree XPG 1-mode on sbflashlights that is 3-18v and a MCE that is 3-6v. How do these stack up for throw and use for (1) 18650?

When i ordered my l2p i also ordered a L2m for parts (mainly the small body, flat bezelring, lanyard ring, spare glass and clicky insides) but to my surprise i found that the dropin that came with the light was actually pretty decent output wise. It has a great combination of throw and flood, almost on par with my TK11 but with a bit a softer hotspot due to the OP on the solarforce reflector vs smooth on the fenix (and this also means less artifacts so its nicer for indoors/close range)

So if you're going to order a solarforce that comes with a drop-in you might want to put ordering a 'better' drop-in on hold for a bit, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you get srom SF (i know i was, i still use that very drop-in today in the l2m body as backup light next to my triple XPG L2P)

don.gwapo

Enlightened
scaled.php

L2P, newest addition to my collection.

Last edited:

OCD

Enlightened
Has anyone paired any black components with an L2P natural finish...specifically a Masterpiece Pro-1 head? I want to buy an L2P and really like the natural, but I plan to buy a MPP-1 head and don't want it to look awful mixing the two colors.

Last edited:

Nokoff

Enlightened
Has anyone paired any black components with an L2P natural finish...specifically a Masterpiece Pro-1 head? I want to buy an L2P and really like the natural, but I plan to buy a MPP-1 head and don't want it to look to awful mixing the two colors.

a little nasty, er, natty for me, but maybe U like it.
66785427acf81977b22d1bc4586f27230f9a077.jpg

OCD

Enlightened
Thanks, Nokoff. Its not the worst combo I've ever seen, but it looks lego'ed. I think the MMP-1 head will go on a black L2P.

Nokoff

Enlightened
no problem OCD ..the MPP1 in the foreground with an L2P and blk extender definitely matches better, tho the MPP1 in the back with the L2X ext looks better to me, reminds me of the Masterpiece in the background there alongside the Skyline 1...it's too bad SF doesn't make the extension tube in HAIII to matche the L2P, since so many people have them already

667863528c1018e2f8c89f7f59f625e39a6efdf.jpg

fishinfool

Enlightened
no problem OCD ..the MPP1 in the foreground with an L2P and blk extender definitely matches better, tho the MPP1 in the back with the L2X ext looks better to me, reminds me of the Masterpiece in the background there alongside the Skyline 1...it's too bad SF doesn't make the extension tube in HAIII to matche the L2P, since so many people have them already

667863528c1018e2f8c89f7f59f625e39a6efdf.jpg

Aloha Nokoff! How do you like those Masterpiece Pro's? It looks like you have several. Are they all the same? I'm thinking about getting one so are they worth it? Thanks!

Nokoff

Enlightened
hi fishinfool, long answer is that I always like to take a thrower on night walks to enliven them. I enjoy the MPP1 more than my TK40 or A9 aspherical lately. The MPP1 will outthrow the TK40 noticeably.. There is useful spill for my wife and I to walk while the kids go up ahead, and runtime with two 18650 is impressive. The Masterpiece thrower standing back there with the mc-e is very different from the MPP1; there is very little info around about it's throw, so I will say that I liken it more to the TK40 in beam and throw.. Neither come close to the throw from the MPP1, and tho the A9 aspherical can hang, it's a very different beam, more of a spot with zero spill, and like I said, the spill is useful for me :thumbsup:

Aloha Nokoff! How do you like those Masterpiece Pro's? It looks like you have several. Are they all the same? I'm thinking about getting one so are they worth it? Thanks! .

fishinfool

Enlightened
hi fishinfool, long answer is that I always like to take a thrower on night walks to enliven them. I enjoy the MPP1 more than my TK40 or A9 aspherical lately. The MPP1 will outthrow the TK40 noticeably.. There is useful spill for my wife and I to walk while the kids go up ahead, and runtime with two 18650 is impressive. The Masterpiece thrower standing back there with the mc-e is very different from the MPP1; there is very little info around about it's throw, so I will say that I liken it more to the TK40 in beam and throw.. Neither come close to the throw from the MPP1, and tho the A9 aspherical can hang, it's a very different beam, more of a spot with zero spill, and like I said, the spill is useful for me :thumbsup:

I too have a TK40 so the MPP1 outthrowing the TK40 makes me want to get one even more. I already have 2 L2M's (with 18650 extensions) and an L2 so the MPP1 will be a great addition to my collection. Where did you buy your MPP1's and how much did they cost. Thanks again!

zone 69

Newly Enlightened
KELOWNA.BRITISH COLUMBIA.CANADA.PLANET EARTH
I picked this L2 up used as a package deal a year ago.

SolarForce L2
Clicky ON/OFF tailcap
Remote momentary ON tailcap
Extension tube
x2 Dropins cree ? unknown
x4 Li-ion 17335 1000mAh 3v batteries
x2 Soshine RCR123 650mAh 3v batteries
DSD Charger

Last edited:

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried or know if the the guts of a solarforce black L2-S6 which is momentary/forward clicky tailcap switch (available from itc_shop on ebay) will fit inside the standard grey L2 tailcap as a straight swap?

I personally do not like reverse clickies and I wish solarforce would make forward tactical clickies in colors to match all their lights. Thanks:wave:

shark_za

Enlightened
Has anyone tried or know if the the guts of a solarforce black L2-S6 which is momentary/forward clicky tailcap switch (available from itc_shop on ebay) will fit inside the standard grey L2 tailcap as a straight swap?

I personally do not like reverse clickies and I wish solarforce would make forward tactical clickies in colors to match all their lights. Thanks:wave:

Yes, straight swap the guts out.
Its my configuration of choice. The L2 really is a great light with the S6 guts inside the S1 tail.

dogface

Newly Enlightened
I love my solarforce L2 I bought a year or 2 ago, but i cant seem to find the place i bought it from anymore, do they still make the solarforce brand?

Tuikku

Enlightened
I love my solarforce L2 I bought a year or 2 ago, but i cant seem to find the place i bought it from anymore, do they still make the solarforce brand?

Yes, they are still in production.
Search for ITC_shop at eBay or use Google for other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.