silver missile flew over my head yesterday..

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah Roth! just like that! only it had a band around one end that said "HABANA" -- no, I never saw a cigar shaped object that I didn't smoke.

for one thing is was much closer than that picture; I could see the detail of individual plumes in the flames..and as I said before; no cigar, more like the tube that cigars come in..

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh yeah I forgot to mention, the nose cone had the words "Stingmon" and "Sacramento and bust" scrawled across it in green. I wonder; what could that have meant....?

I understand from "Dr. Strangelove" that if your phone suddenly melts a loud and shrill tone is heard on the other end... what happens when a computer melts? Just so as we know...

:grin2:

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
TedTheLed said:
I understand from "Dr. Strangelove" that if your phone suddenly melts a loud and shrill tone is heard on the other end... what happens when a computer melts? Just so as we know...

:grin2:
I think you got your vintage apocalyptic movies mixed up. That line was spoken by the late Henry Fonda (in the role of the U.S. President) in the movie "Fail-Safe" (1964).

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
btw I am quite grateful to all the too numerous to mention persons who responded in this thread...

I just want to make sure y'all know that though the post above about the green writing on the missile was made in jest, all the rest I posted about siting this missile are completely serious.

please continue to add if you have anything. thanks.

:goodjob:

Latest posts