Similar to zebralight H600 but without any green tint from the XML

Chip

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking more about the headlight for working around the house on projects. I see that Zebralight makes a nice bright 18650 headlight "flood" light...

Link removed. See red banner at top of page

Ii love the "flood" and the long run time. It will do about 250 lumens for around 4 hours using the medium setting. I like that. I am not sure about 2 things:

Wondering if it has the same greenish tint as the SC600? I would assume it does. If so, that's a deal breaker for me.

I dont think it has a frosted diffuser for close up work, I think that would be great to have.

I would prefer the form factor where it can easily be adjusted on a headband.

I currently use my D10 on a headband, and that is great, but only last 1 hour or less at 145 lumens, and I would prefer a bit more flood or diffusion.

If the H600 ha a greenish tint, then what else is similar to this, given my preferences?

Number 1 is a deal breaker for me, so if it does have a greenish tint, can you recommend any other 18560 (for long run time) headlamp that is flood and more of the cool blue? the MC-E or R2 or R5 LEDs are ones that I have and really like the tint. I am not a fan of the neutral white if it has a yellow "sun" look to it. I just want something more cool, without looking too blue. But given a choice, i prefer the blue over the orange tint.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a H600 since end of last year.
at 1st I was really excited about the small size and no weight at all of the Zebra.
Nearly all of the lights I use are 1*18650 but there is NONE that is this small and light.

Mine is a "cool white" one and it is not green at all, its more with a very slight blue ...
today I would order the "neutral" version, as I prefer the more warm tints and the beam should harmonize more with my handheld lights (all "warm" tints)

PS: do not mix the bins with the tint.
Only because the led used is an MC-E, or an XR-E/XP-G (R2, R5) ... that has NOTING to do with the tint.

PPS: the headband - the rubber part holding the light itself - unfortunately is crap.
I wonder if there ever is the idea of using a plastic part light like the smaller lights had

Chip

Newly Enlightened
today I would order the "neutral" version, as I prefer the more warm tints and the beam should harmonize more with my handheld lights (all "warm" tints)

Are you willing to sell yours for a good price? I think I would like to have one at some point for working around the house. I'll check the market place.

PS: do not mix the bins with the tint.
Only because the led used is an MC-E, or an XR-E/XP-G (R2, R5) ... that has NOTING to do with the tint.

I didn't realize this! I will have to read up more, that might explain why there is a difference in the amount of green tint from light to light.

Chip

Newly Enlightened
I have a H600w for two weeks now, the tint is great, it is neutral, no green at all. I will recomend you this one...

SFMI4UT

I have been using a neutral/warm light for a while, modified D10 w XPG neutral. I'm not sure if i like the warm/neutrals. I also had a zebralight SC600w and did not like the tint. I think I prefer the cool colors. I see why people like neutral, but to me, its seems too orange around the house and at night. I'm not at the point where I use it outside that much where tint might be more of an issue.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not all coolwhite XML lights have green tint, it's what we refer too as tint lottery, you could buy three of the same light and have none with a green tint, some or all end up with a green tint. It's hit or miss.
I like my coolwhites but I also like the Hi cri which is warmer than nuetral most of the time. (my tint preference changes with my mood)

Spark headlamps have different brightnesses and battery choices that you may prefer, I think one of there models you can remove the reflector and get a really floody beam.

There are diffuser films sold in the marketplace too ;)

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using a neutral/warm light for a while, modified D10 w XPG neutral. I'm not sure if i like the warm/neutrals. I also had a zebralight SC600w and did not like the tint. I think I prefer the cool colors. I see why people like neutral, but to me, its seems too orange around the house and at night. I'm not at the point where I use it outside that much where tint might be more of an issue.

Never cross my mind to try a neutral, I modify a cheap light with a q5 and install a T5 I dont know the bin and but I really like the tint of this one, then I bought a Zebra H600w and the tint is different, more warn, but is nice too, in outdoors is better. I like neutrals but the cool as well, maybe you dont find yet the perfect tint for you...

SFMI4UT

saynotopoo

Newly Enlightened
My first Zebralight was a "ZLH600w H600w XM-L 18650 Headlamp Neutral White" ordered ~Sep. 2012, and its tint was way too yellow. It failed outright 2 months later.

In Feb. 2013, ZL replaced it with an H600, meaning 6300K. It was green from the get-go, but not bad. Then in Aug. 2013, it went even greener. I was actually shooting a video when it happened: you can see it go back and forth from 'white' (and remember, that was already greeny) to super-ugly-green.

I have launched about 6 emails to CS at ZL in HK about the dying LED, AND to lead sales guy James at ZL in Texas, AND left a voicemail for James, but there's been zero response.

I'm not happy.

On all other points, this Zebralight H600 is simply fantastic. I have ZERO probs w/ the headband--it works perfectly. And the battery life is superhuman...uh, wait, it's not human. But you get my point.

I need to buy several headlamps for the techs in my company, and I WOULD go for ZL's newer version-2, but until they send me a replacement for my H600 with the dying LED, plus assure me that their new v2 isn't green, I can't give them my money.