Sleeping with your light

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two: a "bump in the dark" light: SF Z2 with a Malkoff M61 drop-in and my general purpose light, a SF G3 with a Malkoff M31LL and two AA primaries.

Samy

Enlightened
I have a Klarus XT-20 sitting on my nightstand,

Holy hell that's a lot of light for a bedside light! I keep my XT20 in my kit bag for work for when i need a lot of light. Last time i used it was after my shop was burgled 3 months ago and i caught the perpetrators in a dead end street after a car chase and i used the XT20 to blind them...

I use a V10A as my bedside light, it does 0.001 lumens so i sneak around but then does 500 lumens as required. I prefer a really really low lumen light at night.

cheers

Mr.Sun

Newly Enlightened
My simple nightstand.....Sig, Cor Bon +P cocked and locked with my trusty Surfire !!

Bedside.jpg

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a SF Kroma, Malkoff Elzetta 3cell/M61HCRI, and a Malkoff Hound Dog on my windowsill right next to my bed. Sometimes the Kroma finds its way into my bed or under my pillow.:D

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today it is an HDS Rotary (on low), alternated with an Milky Creemator, a Mac's Tri-EDC, or a SF E1B.

Other family members bedside lights (I am slowly converting them into flashaholics)
Mag 3D w/LED upgrade and Fenix LD20
Mag 2C and Surefire E1B

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
What? If you said 9mm or .45 it made have made more sense..

I have trouble shooting a pistol, which is why I don't CC and all the guns in the house big and small have stocks on them. I don't plan on using it, but I have no room in the gun locker, its chock full of mausers.

glenbear

Newly Enlightened
Surefire X400 right next to my head. Attached to what it's supposed to be attached to.:laughing:

bemymonkey

Newly Enlightened
I can't really imagine my EDC light _not_ being on my lightstand... no matter where I am. :)

bullriderfxxx

Newly Enlightened
i do have a maglite next to my bed in case i need it when the power goes out or whatever reason

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
This flashlight thing is contagious. I have a maglight XL100 turned down to low. And a Malkoff Wildcat if I need high intensity.

REDAT9-AP1

Newly Enlightened
my new Fenix PD32 S2 clipped on my waist band & my Walther under My pillow
u9asyqe7.jpg

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pwhite87

Newly Enlightened
As dc38 has said, when my Klarus XT11 arrived I was so excited that I didn't want to sleep with it bedside. It had to be WITH me:grin2:. So with the lanyard strapped to my wrist and some earplugs in, my cat stepped on my face at 3:07am causing me to wake like an ephedrine dosed spastic and a crenulated bezel to the forehead. It now stays bedside.

adhesivehandle

Newly Enlightened
No, not what you think... :) I mean your flashlight under your pillow, or close to that. I've been reading about exploding batteries and pipe bomb lights and so on, so I am wondering if its safe to have a flashlight under ones pillow or right next to the bed.

I now have it at the foot rest area, but I like it next to me. Its never been a concern to me in the past years, but my SO sleeps here as well. Ok, I'm probably overreacting, but I shouldn't have read about the dangers of lithium fumes et cetera. I mean nothing ever has happened...

What the deal with this? Light in question is a 1x CR123 with o rings. Now with a primary only. No more rechargeables in the bedroom for me.

Do you have your light in bed or on the night stand? Am I being overly concerned?

wow, I never thought about this. I sleep with a flashlight next to me because when I get up in the morning, its still dark and have to get around the room.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
I always have a light in bed with me at my side arms length, on top of the comforter. I frequently get up at night to get a drink or use the restroom. Its usually a small pocket light like a EX10 or a NovaTac.

Nick