Smallest 1 x AAA clicky?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks but the keychain ring is a must. Its the only reason I don't use the mini 123 any more. The hole for the keychain ring got bigger and bigger then broke.
10yrs performance guarantee. you get FREE replacement from 4sevens afaik.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is cqg?

The skinny cousin of DQG AAA offered by the same dealer.

How is the clicky on it?
Is 3 inches too long for a keychain?

It's reverse clicky, 1-mode. 3" isn't too long in my opinion, at least not for this slim factor. There are keys longer than 3" although it's up to your preference if it's too long for you.

Do want! That is some fine minimalist design. Do you like the beam compared to the others?

Beam is smooth with a gentle hotspot. Pretty good although I've seen better.

Isn't CQG S1 single mode? I'm waiting for S2 in the mail. didn't buy S1 because of the single mode.

Yes, single mode unfortunately. But I'm taken in by the minimalist design and size so...

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I'm tellin ya the preon 1 with a clicky tail. If your use to carrying a CR123 light then the Zebra light SC51 I beleave won't be much larger and any 1 AAA light like the LD01, Preon, or Thrunite Ti will be a little longer but about half the diamiter. The manufacturer sites will have dimentions, the smallest 1 AAA's I know of are the Klarus X6 and X10 but there all twisty. The only clickies are the Preon I mentioned and the CQG S1 or what ever posted earlier.

If your looking for a 123 light there are lots of small ones but the Zebra Light is the only clicky the next thing would be a Fenix PD20, jetbeam BC10 or a Quark 123 (no mini) but there both bigger.

Your going to have to decide if its keychain material or not some people carry mini mags on there keys... Or rather carry there keys on there mini mag.

Last edited:

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
This is the smallest AAA clicky in my arsenal.

74520598.jpg

85415258.jpg

CQG S1 Neutral. Almost the same length as LD01 but waaaay thinner, and with a clicky.

What are the caps that are on the preon and the LD01?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks for replying!

Right now I'm carrying an old nitecore ez cr2 which is nice and small and brighter than any of the AAA lights I looked up. Its a twisty but at least only ONE twist. I really hate twisting and untwisting multiple times.

The CGQ impresses me the most but I'm afraid i'll miss the output compared to my mini on rcr123.

This is making me look again at the cr123 and cr2 lights (more volts, more output). I don't know of any cr2 clickies so it looks like I'm in search of the smallest high output cr123 clicky but i dont dare start another thread while this one still lives. I'm going to look at the zebralight first. I know the quark 123 is too big fir keychain. The other thing is the flashlight must have a keychain ring opening. Some don't. I used to carry a p1d and they were pretty big for a keychain.

Seems like there might be a market for a nice small cr2 clicky.

Swede74

Enlightened
This may not be the smallest single AAA keychain flashlight available, but it resided on my keychain for about a year, until I got the iTP A03 Upgraded.
I bought it when it was marked down to about the equivalent of $12 USD so it's far from a high-end light. It seems reliable enough though, it has never caused me any problems.

These are all the specifications I have:

Diameter: 18mm
Length: 91mm
Weight: 25g

1 W Power LED

To my eyes it looks like the output is about 50 lm; it's similar or slightly brighter than the Zebralight SC51 on Medium 1 (30 lm)

The second picture shows a Maglite Solitare and a AAA battery for comparison.

, , ,

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the caps that are on the preon and the LD01?

Just some heat shrink tubing to provide minimum protection to the head. I tend to drop my lights.

img1220az.jpg

Thanks for replying!

Right now I'm carrying an old nitecore ez cr2 which is nice and small and brighter than any of the AAA lights I looked up. Its a twisty but at least only ONE twist. I really hate twisting and untwisting multiple times.

The CGQ impresses me the most but I'm afraid i'll miss the output compared to my mini on rcr123.

This is making me look again at the cr123 and cr2 lights (more volts, more output). I don't know of any cr2 clickies so it looks like I'm in search of the smallest high output cr123 clicky but i dont dare start another thread while this one still lives. I'm going to look at the zebralight first. I know the quark 123 is too big fir keychain. The other thing is the flashlight must have a keychain ring opening. Some don't. I used to carry a p1d and they were pretty big for a keychain.

Seems like there might be a market for a nice small cr2 clicky.

Think I've been there, no luck in finding a CR2 clicky except for one which turns out to be bigger than a CR123 light! Generally, CR123 clickies are too fat for keychain carry, IMO. But Zebralight and perhaps E11.2 (shorter than Quark 123) might be your most compact choices.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
3rd time I'm kicking my self for not remembering this. WHAT IS THE MOD TO PUT A CLICK ON TO A Quark MiNi 123? IT involved a clicky tail from some other light.

budynabuick

Enlightened
I think Peak has a clicky aaa. It is a twisty with instant clicky as well if I'm not mistaken. I believe you turn it on with click and set level with twist. I may end up with one.

Keith

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA Preon 1 with a clickie tailswitch

Bought the Preon 2 in Titanium, I kick myself for not having bought the Preon 1 body at the same time.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone already mentioned the Thrunite TI and I'll bet you would like it. As mentioned it's not like the usual twisty. A slight twist and it's on low a little more twist and you pass through low to high. So it's only one twist. It has a nice post on the end to make it easy to use on a key chain.

The Tank007 TK-71 is a one mode clicky if you really prefer a clicky. I find the Thrunite TI much easier to use however.

recDNA

Flashaholic
You underestimate my hatred of twisties sir! lol

The TI isn't bright enough for me. I'm a long term member but never matured to the point that I don't go for the big lumens numbers!

budynabuick

Enlightened
n-light over at shiningbeam I believe (or cnquality) is aaa tail clicky for three modes. No twisty.Looks like a nice light.
I will be getting one my self. XPG-R5 as well

Keith

Last edited:

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
recDNA said:
No keychain hole

It has two small holes on the side of the tailcap that you can put a lanyard thru or a small keyring (it can still tail stand but the keyring won't be very flexible)