Smallest 1 x AAA clicky?

recDNA

Flashaholic
It would be too old for such complex electronics to be dependable used. Yours may still be fine but seller's may not be. It's also a little complicated for my taste.

OCD

Enlightened
Keith , I don't see n-light at shinningbeam ... do you mean HypeTac P1A ?

The N-Light B3 from cnquality is what I believe he was referring to. I looked at those too, but unfortunately those have been out of stock for quite some time. It doesn't say so on their site, but when you try to add one to your shopping cart you get "Sorry, Out-of-stock and stop sales. Would you want to book in now and reserve the product?" Bummer too...it looks like decent clicky to fill my want for an LF2XT!

The cqg looks nice, but I think it would be way too slick for such a small light.

I'm not sure why I'm so determined to find a decent clicky replacemet for my SST Maratac which has worked flawlessly and sees very limited use as a back-up to my HDS.

Last edited:

budynabuick

Enlightened
The N-Light B3 from cnquality is what I believe he was referring to. .

Yes, that was it. Out of stock? I wanted one. I hate buying from across the water as it takes to long among other things. I could swear I saw this light at Shiningbeam. Hmm

Keith

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
This is the smallest AAA clicky in my arsenal.

74520598.jpg

CQG S1 Neutral. Almost the same length as LD01 but waaaay thinner, and with a clicky.

That little guy is slick! Where does it unscrew to install batteries? It looks like it's seamless stainless. You say it's one mode? How bright is that single mode? Run time? Beam Shots? Can I get a review? :) How much is shipping to the USA? Durability? Is it hard to install battery (i.e. tricky to unscrew clicky switch) - or does it unscrew in a more "normal" place that I'm not seeing? I think I want the CQG S1, as long as it's high quality. Thanks!

Oh, and what does "CW" and "NW" mean on the options when I order? (Clear White? Neutral White?) So, this thing ALWAYS throws 80 lumens as it's only mode? I like that. I can't find any information on this light.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
That little guy is slick! Where does it unscrew to install batteries? It looks like it's seamless stainless.

It unscrews..... here:

img1442csj.jpg

You say it's one mode? How bright is that single mode? Run time? Beam Shots? Can I get a review? :) How much is shipping to the USA? Durability? Is it hard to install battery (i.e. tricky to unscrew clicky switch) - or does it unscrew in a more "normal" place that I'm not seeing? I think I want the CQG S1, as long as it's high quality. Thanks

You can get the specs from the CPF's dealer "Cnqualitygoods" over at the MP.

Oh, and what does "CW" and "NW" mean on the options when I order? (Clear White? Neutral White?)

Yes, Cool White and Neutral White options when you order.

Here's a comparison with a few other AAA clickies:
img1441vj.jpg

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
You can get the specs from the CPF's dealer "Cnqualitygoods" over at the MP.

I wish I could, but it says:

eneloops, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I guess I'm still too new to view all flashlight information. Maybe someone could copy and paste the specs here? Oh well, I guess I am not allowed to know these things.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tank007 aaa with a GDP is the smallest clickie 1aaa I have, the Hypetac P1a is a little larger but still a beauty

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could, but it says:

eneloops, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I guess I'm still too new to view all flashlight information. Maybe someone could copy and paste the specs here? Oh well, I guess I am not allowed to know these things.

Oh, you'll probably "Unenlightened" over there, need to make a couple of posts to qualify. In any case, I'll send you a pm of the link.

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
Oh, you'll probably "Unenlightened" over there, need to make a couple of posts to qualify. In any case, I'll send you a pm of the link.

Well, I just ordered it. Thanks for all your help. Single Mode Clicky sold it for me. I'm so sick of multiple levels, I like how this is supposed to be just one level - bright.

NickBose

Enlightened
It's a reverse clicky (meaning no momentary on)
It's absolutely THE SMALLEST AAA clicky in the world.
Since I love minimalist design (but must be clicky for one hand operation), and I don't want my shirt pocket to sag when I wear an EDC light, this is the only light that fits my EDC criteria.
It's almost the perfect EDC for me except it doesn't have a deep clip
I had to use the clip from the iTP but it doesn't stay still as there is nothing to keep it from sliding up and down, maybe I have to apply some sort of glue

One note: the second CQG I bought is a bit too thin for my eneloops (I scared to use the eneloops as it may not be possible to pull it out of the light)
The first one was fine though.

To buy, google this phrase (note wrong spelling of the word thinnest)
[h=1]CQG S1 World's thinest CREE XP-G R3 1xAAA EDC Flashlight[/h]

Last edited:

bltkmt

Enlightened
I have one of the CQG S1s - love the thin, smooth shape and (on mine) the beam...very smooth and a nice white.

willydigger

Newly Enlightened
My CQG just broke today. Wouldn't turn on. Replaced the battery still nothing. I had it since Nov. 2011 so 6 months. Hardly any use. I'm back to the Microstream. It was a super awesome light while it lasted.

EDIT: I was so bummed that I decided to mess with it thinking it was just a shell. I started messing with the spring on the tail and toggling the clicky. I put it back together and it worked. Don't know what I did, but it's back! :D

Last edited: