Smallest yet high lumen, multi-mode and very long runtime

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah.. it seems i got it wrong. p1 and p2 can't be changed? i managed to go to sw2 and changed its p1 to my desired brightness. the p2 in sw2 is not a mode but only for changing p1's brightness? gosh this light is confusing but im sure i will like it when all these are sorted out :confused:

dont fret! okay
slow down.

you have the instrcutions right? get them...
when they say "SW" it means switching from P1 to P2 and back to P1.

so..when they say 3 x SW it means switching from P1, to P2, back to P1, again to P2,back to P1, again to P2, and back to P1 again.

assuming you did that three times, it would take you into default strobe mode. :)

Programming is the same, you just have to follow the flowchart, and use the number of switches specified. :)

and when you are adjusting a particular level...

P1 fixes the point
P2 increases/decreases the output. to fix it, swtich back to P1.

if the output is increasing while youre in P2 and you want it to decrease, you do this..

Go back to P1.
From P1, do 2 x SW (P1, to P2, back to P1, again to P2, back to P1)
youre back at P1.
from there, if you switch to P2 the light will start decreaseing ( or increaseing if you last had it in decreasing)

i hope that made some sense..:crazy:

Crenshaw

Last edited:

ruriimasu

Enlightened
crenshaw, as always, your help is much appreciated. your instructions are so much clearer. another qn, to set standard p1 and p2, 1st i have to:

1) do a sw1 followed by a sw6?
2) turn it to p1 to fix setting.

thats all i want to change, not going to change strobe or sos. so after turning it back to p1 to fix it, do i still need to do a sw3 to save?

LED Cool

Enlightened
hello ruriimasu,

good to know you have received your LF2X.
may i suggest you have a look at the thread links in my signature line.
"LF2 questions, feedbacks & suggestions"

i would suggest you learn to access the 3 basic functions (steady light, strobe & SOS at P1 & P2 output) first until you can access them easily. then proceed to the user-adjustable mode (i.e. SWx2). learn how to increase and decrease the output in user-adjustable mode, and how to save the output in user-adjustable mode.

after you are familiar with the above mentioned steps and therefore LF2/LF2X user interface (UI) concept, then it will be easier to grasp and understand the programming procedures for P1 & P2.

thanks and enjoy your LF2X.
khoo

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
crenshaw, as always, your help is much appreciated. your instructions are so much clearer. another qn, to set standard p1 and p2, 1st i have to:

1) do a sw1 followed by a sw6?
2) turn it to p1 to fix setting.

thats all i want to change, not going to change strobe or sos. so after turning it back to p1 to fix it, do i still need to do a sw3 to save?

thats pretty much it. Sw x 6 to get to programming, then P1 to fix.I usually follow that by SW x 3 all the way till the end of programming mode, even if i am not programming the rest.

Crenshaw

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi Khoo,
I got the light. Thank you very much. I can't post anything in the marketplace yet as the email isn't working. Yes, I did look through the thread but still did not understand much from it. I'm going to write some simple instructions for it to solve the settings headache once I get familiarised with it.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Thank you for all your kind suggestions and guidances. I am now a happy owner of a LF2X :D

As I mentioned in a previous post, the instructions for the LF2X are just too confusing. I had messed around with it, along with much help from CPFers here, finally understood how to program the various modes. I would like to post simple guide in the LF2X thread in the market place but somehow I still could not post yet, so I would just post it here:

For new LF2X users-
Standard P1 and P2 are NOT programmed by User Adjust mode (I had been thinking they were the same) :shakehead anyway here goes:

Set User Adjust mode;
turn to p1,
then do a SW2 (ie p2-p1-p2-p1 AND if on p2 then is p1-p2-p1-p2).
turn to p2 and the brightness will increase or decrease. if it decreases instead of increases, turn back to p1, then do another SW2.
turn to p2 again, it will now increase.
once desired brightness is spotted, save it by turning to p1.
**not necessarily have to do this, but i do a SW1 to get back to standard mode so i won't mess up the User Adjust mode setting by accidentally turning to p2.

Set Standard P1 and P2 mode:
turn to p1,
then do a SW6 (ie p2-p1-p2-p1-p2-p1-p2-p1-p2-p1-p2-p1).
turn to p2 and the brightness will increase or decrease. if it decreases instead of increases, turn back to p1, then do a SW2.
turn to p2 again, it will now increase.
once desired brightness is spotted, fix it by turning to p1.
SAVE it by doing a SW3 (ie p2-p1-p2-p1-p2-p1). After saving it, you are in the programming mode for P2.
Repeat above.

I stopped after programming P2 by turning off, then turning to P1 and doing a SW1 (ie p2-p1) to get into standard mode. I see no need to re-program the other modes such as strobe or sos.

Btw, I set P1 to be lowest, P2 to be 20%, User Asjust mode to 75%. Reason for setting P1 so low is so when my battery could not power up even P2, at least it can still go into P1.

Hopefully this guide will be useful for new owners who find it as confusing as me to re-program the LF2X. Hope I did not confuse you guys more :nana:

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would suggest putting each step on a differt...

line...like

so

kinda thing...eg:

Set User Adjust mode;

start from P

do a SW2 (ie p2-p1-p2-p1 AND if on p2 then is p1-p2-p1-p2).

turn to p2 and the brightness will increase or decrease.

if it decreases instead of increases, turn back to p1. then do another SW2.

turn to p2 again, it will now increase. once desired brightness is spotted, save it by turning to p1.

not necessarily have to do this, but i do a SW1 to get back to standard mode so i won't mess up the User Adjust mode setting by accidentally turning to p2.

Crenshaw

ruriimasu

Enlightened
hi crenshaw thanks for the suggestion. hopefully it makes more sense now :crackup: