Someone PLEASE build an affordable Ti or Cu AAA light.....

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't have a fluPIC...you will have to seek an old engine out in the swap. There are even those that still know how to rig them.

Sent from a long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away.

Last edited:

KuKu427

Enlightened
Too bad, those are nice Ti lights
he writes the name of the manufacturer at the top of the thread but I don't think they have a website or a store, probably just a small factory
They are a fair sized company. Only thing is they make medical equipment 99.9% of the time.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are a fair sized company. Only thing is they make medical equipment 99.9% of the time.

Soooooo, Steve...are you gonna help us out here?

Last edited by a moderator:

tylernt

Enlightened
Re: Someone PLEASE build an affordable Ti AAA light.....

The closest thing on the market is the LumaPower Avenger GX, but it's aluminum instead of Ti, the switch boot is stiff, the UI goes from Hi to Lo instead of Lo to Hi, and the mode spacing puts the lowest and highest settings too close together.
My Lumapower Avenger GX goes Lo-Med-Hi. And it remembers the last mode. (I think you can order one without mode memory though).

KuKu427

Enlightened

Depends on what you mean by affordable. :devil:

L-M-H with no memory and a clicky is doable.
2XT style light is going to be a lot harder and I need more volume to attract the right electrical engineers.

moeman

Enlightened

2XT style light is going to be a lot harder and I need more volume to attract the right electrical engineers.

I'm game for a small L-M-H with no memory!

rumack

Enlightened

I recently asked CountyComm if they had any plans for another run of the Copper Maratac AAA and they said they might do one someday, but nothing soon. If they had been available in a neutral or HCRI tint originally I probably would have bought several. Maybe if enough of us email CountyComm enquiring about them, CountyComm will accelerate their schedule.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can always afford KuLights :party:

I'm game for a small L-M-H with no memory!

:hitit:

I recently asked CountyComm if they had any plans for another run of the Copper Maratac AAA and they said they might do one someday, but nothing soon. If they had been available in a neutral or HCRI tint originally I probably would have bought several. Maybe if enough of us email CountyComm enquiring about them, CountyComm will accelerate their schedule.

Might not be a bad idea for everyone to let them know we are patiently waiting :devil:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be game for a L,M,H no memory with a diffuser, or an XML or a hi cri :D

easilyled

Flashaholic

Why is adding memory difficult or less affordable?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

calipsoli covered the gamut of options available in this space pretty well.

AAA cells are not particularly high power - they are not well suited to very high current draws and your runtime will suffer pretty severely. Not only that, you have such small thermal mass that either you allow the LED to cook itself through little heatsinking, or make one seriously warm and impractical torch if you want a pocket rocket of sorts. There are practical limitations to these things and there is a lot going against AAA cells unless you moderate it appropriately.

I myself offered a AAA light here once in the form of the Zephyr back around 2008, but it wasn't a "huge seller", unfortunately, and the project was shelved (which was a shame, honestly, it was probably my favorite light that I had designed). :shrug:

Just my $0.02. ;)

Enrique

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

Yeah, I think the Zephyr would've sold reasonably well if more of them had made their way into the hands of early-adopters. I know I wanted one, but I wanted to see someone else rave about it first.

KuKu427

Enlightened

Cause I already have a source for those drivers.