SPY 007 machining status

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to pre-pay so you could just ship the light over to me at mid April

I think we have all offered to pre-pay.. Dave is not accepting at this point to the best of my knowledge... Go ahead and let it accrue some interest in your paypal account while you wait :) Or better yet spend it on something else so I have a better chance of getting one!! :devil:

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like thank Dave and Mrs. Dave for putting up with me for a few hours. The tree house is what every "boy" wants and Dave finally built.

Then there is the basement. Hard to believe that there is complete machine shop and computer lab in there. From an old (1960's) lathe, to mills, to cnc machines, a polisher and even a robot, Dave has got the best "toy" room ever.

I only stopped by for a quick visit, but the Dave's were the most gracious hosts.

Thanks for the tour and I'll see you soon. :bow:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jody, I was there also last weekend and you've got that right about the "BEST TOY ROOM EVER". I thought I had my share of "TOYS", but mine pale in comparison.

And, about Mrs. Dave, she makes an awesome MEATBALL for sure. Thanks again for that if your looking.(I know you are):crackup:

See you guys next Saturday. Peace out!!:)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
the knobs are only going to take another 2 days work, but I am putting it off. The difficult knurling part in op1 is complete. So, I have switched over to working on the battery caps. I do not know how many days they will take but I suspect not more than 5 including optimization of CAM code. At that point all the major components will be complete for the first 30 lights. The other items that I have to work are; STFu switch and battery beads, LED with leads potted in heat sink, go to PF10, turn nuts for knobs, 0-80 thread insert turned and glued in body, battery cap internals machined and built out, op2 and op3 on knobs, polish knobs, cut Teflon bushings, cut Teflon washers, build out knob and body, do my taxes, final assembly, programming and calibration. That is most of it.

Man, what lame excuses. This guy will just say anything for a few more weeks! Maybe he should work for Surefire's marketing department.

Now that I've ensured that I'm at the very bottom of the Spy007 list, see you at PF10 my friend!! :crackup:

MSax

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone said:
Or better yet spend it on something else so I have a better chance of getting one!! :devil:

After considering I ve finally took your advice. A crate of 'StrongLight' is now on its way to Singapore!! :paypal:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Msax,

Don't be silly, your not at the bottom of the SPY list, I have your nice new 007 right here! Would you prefer a Luxeon 1 or a 25 hour green tinted Rebel?

:green: :welcome:

Cheers

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Msax,

Don't be silly, your not at the bottom of the SPY list, I have your nice new 007 right here! Would you prefer a Luxeon 1 or a 25 hour green tinted Rebel?

Cheers

:ironic:

Its not funny to joke about a man's Spy........

MSax

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Msax,

:crackup::crackup::nana:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Msax,

Cheers

Hey, you said that was my Luxeon 1! :rant:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data
Msax,

:crackup::crackup::nana:

...don't laught too hard EM.... he's putting a Nichia in yours. Don't feel too bad, its really good for extra runtime. I'm sure Dave can pick a really nice blue tinted one for you.

:devil:

MSax

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't think Dave kept lists anymore ..?

I do not keep lists! Msax, you are in big trouble now! :grin2:

If you send me an email I will put it in my notify folder. But this is no different than watching for the announcement here on this thread and the introducing the 007 thread. Some people have asked me to do this because they do not get email notifications from CPF.

Cheers
Dave