Spy Questions

easilyled

Flashaholic
Chronos, I often find that the rubber sole of a shoe works very well.
Just push the bezel against the sole hard and twist the light clockwise.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is a really off topic question, but:

Do you guys think I'll get hassled if I carry my 007 in my carry-on aboard a plane?

Heading to Wisconsin tonight for a wedding and just cant seem to part with the little thing...

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
About that white and black bead...?
You can use them to open the battery compartment- compress the ball-bearing like thingy (technical term, lots of community college required to understand this technical jargon) to open the battery compartment.

:thumbsup:

Eh brah, its da kine to open da bottom of da case.

:D

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you guys think I'll get hassled if I carry my 007 in my carry-on aboard a plane?

Heading to Wisconsin tonight for a wedding and just cant seem to part with the little thing...
You shouldn't. I travel extensively (don't ask- I'm becoming "Daddy Who?" to my kids...) and have only had one issue with a Ti light in my jacket pocket. Was in Portland, Maine. The TSA agent pulled it off the belt after x-rays and asked the other TSA agent what it was. "A titanium flashlight" I explained. The other TSA agent said something like "yeah, it is one of those expensive custom jobs.":drool: Sort of surprised me. Then they wanted to see it in action, just for curiosity's sake.

Just make sure you put it through the x-ray machine and you should be fine.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shouldn't a problem...TSA was more interested in the Ti bottle openers I had, and never asked about the 007.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave....what about the easter egg's ???? how about a hint:naughty:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does STFu stand for? :twothumbs

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave....what about the easter egg's ???? how about a hint:naughty:

The only new easter egg is how the light behaves in lock mode. You have probably already seen it.

Originally we called all the stuff in power-up-1 easter eggs as well.

Cheers
Dave

pauly

Newly Enlightened
Is there a smooth reflector availible for the 007, so you can get a bit more throw if needed?

pauly

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Dave, i'm sure Don will let me know if there is. Lovin the 007, can't put it down!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Data, will you be making another run of SPY007s (or any other all-titanium light) in the future? :drool:

If so, what time-frame do you have in mind?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only finish I currently make is the machined finish. I am in R&D with a new finish but so far it is not what I am looking for. So it is not an option yet and frankly I can't be certain when it ever will be.

I plan to make more 007 lights in the machined finish but the schedule is not set.

Cheers
Dave

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any word about the accessory rail options?

The only finish I currently make is the machined finish. I am in R&D with a new finish but so far it is not what I am looking for. So it is not an option yet and frankly I can't be certain when it ever will be.

I plan to make more 007 lights in the machined finish but the schedule is not set.

Cheers
Dave