• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SSC P7 Buck Converter

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I'd like to power a P7 with the Milwaukee 28 volt Li-ion battery pack ... 3000 mAH @ 28v. Is there an easy way to make this work, if at all?

The head & reflector are about Mag sized, although everything is plastic:

49240185.jpg

49240185.jpg

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
I don't think it will work with this batterypack. The voltage is very near to the limit of the components. Furthermore I think the batterypack will have more voltage when it is fully loaded.

I'd like to power a P7 with the Milwaukee 28 volt Li-ion battery pack ... 3000 mAH @ 28v. Is there an easy way to make this work, if at all?

The head & reflector are about Mag sized, although everything is plastic:

49240185.jpg

49240185.jpg

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do i set the current which goes to the LED? Can you point me to your PWM driver sale thread?

thanks.

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
It is a voltage regulator. You must use a multimeter to get the correct voltage and current.

I don't have a sale thread for the pwm dimmer. I'll update this thread next week with the pwm dimmer.

Just pm me if you want a dimmer.

Scattergun

Enlightened
I recieved one of these drivers yesterday and put it in a 2D Mag with an anodized H22A-P7-heatsink and a CSXOI P7... the result on an 8,4V lithiumIon is astonishing! Very nicely made driver and easily adjustable for different output! The fit in the Mag2D was tight, so I had to solder the driver to the switchassembly -and then put the whole thing in from the rear. The driver will pass the lockingring if tilted and positioned right.
The amount of space between the H22A-P7-heatsink and the switch is exactly the size of this driver:twothumbs.

Scattergun

Enlightened
Der Wichtel said:
Code:
nice.
can't wait for pics :D

You asked for it!!!:D

My Mag2D-P7 with the driver in this thread... Runs at 3A on 8,4V LiIon pack from KD, SSC-P7-CSXOI from Photonfanatic, OP-reflector from KD, bezel from KIU, Heatsink from H22A, coated lens from KD, Shorty spring from KD, Lanyardring from CPF-Bug... I Like this one a lot!!:devil:

p8180011ml0.jpg

Last edited:

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Looks amazing.
Do you have any beamshots?

I'm still looking for a reflector that gives me a very tight beam....

Scattergun

Enlightened
If you want a tight beam, this is not the one... a hotspot four times the normal SSC P4 in a original Mag-reflector, and enormously bright spill...

Meltdown

Enlightened
you say that 15v is optimal. is that for maximum efficiency? I'd be running on much lower voltage.

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Did some tests today with the new batch.
I have done some little improvements and it looks like the driver will be capable to drive 3x P7.

The oscilloscope readings look promising.

Haven't tried some P7 in parallel. maybe the driver will even be able to go higher than 4A.