• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Stonewashed Mcgizmos?

crffish

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have photos of stonewashed Mcgizmo lights? Maybe it isn't possible to do so, but I think it would really make it stand out even more. Thank you.

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stonewashing would be really nice, but the equipment costs money and the few people who do it charge an arm and a leg for it.

Chris ended up having Brad Southard, a custom knife maker stonewash his Haiku for him. Awesome would be an understatement on how it turned out! I'll PM him and maybe he will post a pic here.

Brad Southard

Newly Enlightened
Last edited by a moderator:

jake royston

Enlightened
It was requested that maybe some folks would like to see this. Recently done.

Second photo is with my light.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/Tricod/mcgidarkstonewash2.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/Tricod/mcgidarkstonewash.jpg

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

I just got my first McGizmo, (a Ti Haiku xpg) but after seeing the stonewashed finish, i think i need another!

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Brad that is incredible! Absolutely gorgeous! Would it be possible to polish the flats like the bead blasted version has? Im very interested in having this done either way. Gonna shoot you a pm.

Dr Jekyll

Newly Enlightened
Brad that is incredible! Absolutely gorgeous! Would it be possible to polish the flats like the bead blasted version has? Im very interested in having this done either way. Gonna shoot you a pm.

I'm very interested in this as well!

crffish

Newly Enlightened
I was lucky enough to find someone to stonewash my Haiku. I will let them remain anonymous until I receive approval, but he did a fantastic job on the light!

IMG_3620.jpg

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Stonewashing would be really nice, but the equipment costs money and the few people who do it charge an arm and a leg for it.
The question is "would a hand & a foot be a more reasonable price" :)

Currently stone washing a SunDrop, five McG clips, a bunch of Spyderco clips, a 45mm Ti biner, Mac's vial, etc. Fifteen hours so far & the parts are starting to take on a nice burnish. Media is ultra fine ceramic so cycle times are longer but all the edges & features are as crisp as the day they were machined. Best guess is somewhere between 36 & 72 hours. Will post an image when done.