• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Bead blasting McGizmos

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Job done :naughty:

Halfway there :
2zstx6d.jpg

For reference : on the right the original clip finish, on the left, the re-blasted finish. Pretty darn close.
23lh8xi.jpg

Job finished :
2ef296v.jpg

2lw7k7p.jpg

I made a plastic pusher to sit the reflectors back in place into the head with no risk of putting a finger smudge on them. Works like a charm
21l25wz.jpg

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question? I have a 24V transformer from a sprinkler control box I replaced. Can I use this surpluses transformer to Ano titanium ? Also there is no adjusting the output, it is straight 24V.

Thanks,

NR
Probably yes. Very little current passes during the ano process. Worth a try ;)

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, thanks for the compliment.

Actually I don't even know what a Nuke finish is, maybe I've been a little disconnected from the flashaholic planet for too long ?

Edit : Ok I did some search and the "Nuke" finish seems to be some kind of pretty harsh stonewash finish.
Sorry but I have never experienced any of these personally and I thus have not any kind of setup to to it or even knowledge about how to do it right. Sorry that I can't help you with that.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Hi, thanks for the compliment.

Actually I don't even know what a Nuke finish is, maybe I've been a little disconnected from the flashaholic planet for too long ?

Edit : Ok I did some search and the "Nuke" finish seems to be some kind of pretty harsh stonewash finish.
Sorry but I have never experienced any of these personally and I thus have not any kind of setup to to it or even knowledge about how to do it right. Sorry that I can't help you with that.

No problem I just want to learn more about it, don't know if I would do that to one of my McGizmos.

Thanks for the reply!

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Post edit
EDIT FEB 2016 : disassembly/cleaning/reassembly is not offered anymore, only taking bare parts until further notice.

Reason is that my available free time has significantly shrunk (those who have a baby at home will understand :eek: ) and that was the most time consuming part of the service I offered.

I'm still offering the BB (and ano if wanted) service but only on bare, clean Ti parts.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Re: Bead blasting McGizmos (added Ano option)

Congratulations on your newborn Tino!

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bead blasting McGizmos (added Ano option)

Latest job

Shiny new :
znlzb6.jpg

Bead blasted :
w859hx.jpg

Anodized to 23V :
2wdqb1u.jpg

Ready for a trip back to it's home :eek:

cheers !

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone ever stonewashed or bead blasted then anodized their lights, and the opposite - anodized then stonewash, or a light bead blast of their lights?

Isn't the example above bead blasted , then anodized?

Forgive me if I missed something.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you are correct, I was trying to find out if done in reverse, what they look like in comparison. I like the distressed look.

Gotcha. That would be interesting. :)

(Gotcha, as in I understand now, not as in I caught you at anything. :blush:)

Last edited: