Sunwayman M11R is here!

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Mr. Elfin [from Lighthound] with some of my other EDC's for size comparison.

I like the M11R...nice smooth user interface. Well built.
L-R
Klarus XT11, Peak Vesuvius, Kuku40DD, Lummi Wee, Fenix LD01, Sunwayman M11R, 4Sevens Ti Quark Mini123, Novatac Storm Gold
8Fui8.jpg

MTz5e.jpg

7yb0L.jpg

u6oR0.jpg

Last edited:

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I got my tan M11R today and what a sweet little light. Though the light is short, the MCS ring is very easy to feel and use. The three light outputs work nicely for me and the strobe and SOS are well hidden and are hard to turn on by accident. When on, a couple of swift twists will activate the strobe or SOS. Fit and finish is very nice.
I spent about 2 hours messing with batteries. Some one had a problem with their light getting warm with a CR123 when off, so he returned the light for another one and problem solved. The light was defective. So I tried the CR123 and used my IR Thermometer and there was no difference in temps with or without the battery. The M11R is noticeably brighter with a 16340 and has a nice white light and the beam is the same as the V10R.
Just for the hell of it, I took the M11 head off its battery tube and put it on my V10R battery tube and it felt great. Take this MCS ring and produce a V11R with its variable control and you will have a winner.

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light will turn on by itself if it gets near strong magnets.

I put it next to the magnetic leads of a cottonpickers charger
and it turned on and I could work all the modes by handholding the leads.

Better not pack this in the same space as a cottonpicker charger or any other magnet, or lock it out by unscrewing the body 1/4 turn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't Sunwayman learn anything from their last naming debacle (renaming company "Sunwayman" from "Sunwayled")?

I still remember the lengthy joke thread, where someone alternatively suggested 'Sunwaydude'.

I bought the M11R -specifically- for name Mr. Elfin. was a cool new single cr123, but what sealed it was the name
I am still laughing at the name. So...it all depends on perspective.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Looks kind of expensive to me. With a clicky and infinite adjustment ring it would be worth it.

snakyjake

Enlightened
What are those two things hanging off the Klarus and 4Sevens Quark?

My new Mr. Elfin [from Lighthound] with some of my other EDC's for size comparison.

I like the M11R...nice smooth user interface. Well built.
L-R
Klarus XT11, Peak Vesuvius, Kuku40DD, Lummi Wee, Fenix LD01, Sunwayman M11R, 4Sevens Ti Quark Mini123, Novatac Storm Gold
8Fui8.jpg

MTz5e.jpg

7yb0L.jpg

u6oR0.jpg

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I got my tan M11R today and what a sweet little light. Though the light is short, the MCS ring is very easy to feel and use. The three light outputs work nicely for me and the strobe and SOS are well hidden and are hard to turn on by accident. When on, a couple of swift twists will activate the strobe or SOS. Fit and finish is very nice.
I spent about 2 hours messing with batteries. Some one had a problem with their light getting warm with a CR123 when off, so he returned the light for another one and problem solved. The light was defective. So I tried the CR123 and used my IR Thermometer and there was no difference in temps with or without the battery. The M11R is noticeably brighter with a 16340 and has a nice white light and the beam is the same as the V10R.
Just for the hell of it, I took the M11 head off its battery tube and put it on my V10R battery tube and it felt great. Take this MCS ring and produce a V11R with its variable control and you will have a winner.
Here's a few shots of my M11R.

6m10rm11r.jpg

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any more user feedback you happy early adopters?
I'm just able to hold back.
Push me somewhere, anywhere! LoL

OK

the clip is in fact Titanium and you can anodize it yourself at home with 9v batts and diet coke in a cup

or

The name Mr. Elfin...small, cute, but you know if you diss an Elf, he will magically f*c* up your day. Much
like the M11R...small, cute, little tiny light, but will mess you up if pushed :D

Dual

Newly Enlightened
swmM11R.jpg

Got my tan M11R today. Very nice compact EDC light.

One thing that bugs me is there is no detent for the max output. Is it the same for you other M11R owners?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my tan M11R today. Very nice compact EDC light.

One thing that bugs me is there is no detent for the max output. Is it the same for you other M11R owners?

My M11R has a positive detent on all positions, high included

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, detents on all positions. I've measured output to be higher than claimed on Turbo. Check my preview in case you're interested.