Sunwayman M11R is here!

snakyjake

Enlightened
Is this light super easy to turn on/off and operate with one hand, or is it more desirable to have a clicky?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well you can click a light on and then adjust level in some fashion or you can just twist the ring.
Why add a switch that can fail on you??
This is better.

Pöbel

Enlightened
Got mine. Switched it on, switched it off, changed the Emitter. The emitter sits on a copper board. Now it's nice and neutral. Level spacing is perfect for my needs.

sailor1179

Newly Enlightened
i have a M10A and t20cs. i like them very!!!:)sunwayman's surface is very fine and smooth

noctralucent

Newly Enlightened
Received My natural color m11r yesterday and I have to say I love it! Perfect fit and finish control ring is smooth and the beam tint is for me as good as ive seen. However I do have one question for any m11r owners with primary cr123 the low mode is very low not the claimed 4 lumens maybe just super slightly brighter than a quark moonlight I like a low low mode but it was a tad bit unexpected. anyone else notice this?

Pöbel

Enlightened
Yes, my low mode is super low as well. I measured it at below 11mA (battery current). That should be somewhere around 0.1-0.3 lumens. For me it's perfect, I use that level on my HDS a lot. Great for moving around the house when you wake up at night without ruining your night vision. Also enough for reading a book. Runtime should be way longer than advertised too.

Although level spacing is not what is advertised it is absolutely spot on for my needs.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pöbel, that was an EXCELLENT guess even if calculated. I measured .3lms on low but it didn't matter which battery I used. However, the Med and High outputs were battery dependent. You can check my M11R review for full details if interested.

EDIT: The low level on the M11R is nowhere near the V-series lights I have. Here are shots of the output I took of the three on LiIon's:

L: M11R | M: V10R Ti | R: V10A

As you can see, the V series light didn't even register a reading on their lowest output.

Also, here are three head on shots of each LED using the same exposure (same order as above):

The V10A is the undisputed winner of the "How low can you go" contest.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pöbel, that was an EXCELLENT guess even if calculated. I measured .3lms on low but it didn't matter which battery I used. However, the Med and High outputs were battery dependent. You can check my M11R review for full details if interested.

EDIT: The low level on the M11R is nowhere near the V-series lights I have. Here are shots of the output I took of the three on LiIon's:

L: M11R | M: V10R Ti | R: V10A

As you can see, the V series light didn't even register a reading on their lowest output.

Also, here are three head on shots of each LED using the same exposure (same order as above):

The V10A is the undisputed winner of the "How low can you go" contest.

Cheers,
Tim

Jetbeam RRT-01 beats the V10A. The RRT-01 will smoothly go down until the beam actually vanishes and the light turns off. I was able to get it low enough that I could barely see the emitter in a fully dark room with dark adapted vision from 6 inches away. Even then it felt like I probably could have gone lower, but the limitation was my eyes and not the light.

Maxspam

Newly Enlightened
Got mine. Switched it on, switched it off, changed the Emitter. The emitter sits on a copper board. Now it's nice and neutral. Level spacing is perfect for my needs.
Could you post a few photos detailing how you went about it?

Latest posts