Sunwayman T60CS Review (3 x XM-L U2 | 3 x 18650 / 6 x 16340)

kj2

Flashaholic
On some photos of the T60CS, on the Sunwayman web-page, you can see that there are Sunwayman 18650 batteries. Does anyone know more about those batteries?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TurboBB,

Can you please compare and contrast the beam of the TN30 VS the T60CS please. I have a TN30 and I love the output but I hated the artifacts in the beam. I think it has the most artifacts of any triple XML light I have ever seen. Thank You for your comment.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@kj2 - sorry, dunno anything about them but I'll try finding out.

@v54 - hope to have the bulk of this review up later tonight along with whitewall shots and will definitely compare the beams for you.

Cheers,
Tim

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
@kj2 these are SWM own brand batteries. More details will be available later.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bulk of review now up.

@V54 - as per my initial conclusion: "The T60CS offers a nice balance between flood and throw with a negligible amount of beam artificats produced from its "triflector" with the second cleanest beam profile of the four tri-XM-L lights using this type of reflector (tops goes to TM11 owing to its very shallow reflectors and super floody beam profile). The artifacts are really only noticeable indoors and likely will blend into the scenery when used outdoors. I will do a deeper dive into the beam profiles in an upcoming multi-emitter shootout thread"

I'm noticing a pattern and direct correlation w/the depth of the reflector and the artifacts produced (deeper = more artifacts).

I have the whitewall shots in OP (likewise for the TN30 in its review). I haven't had time to write a review on the TM11 (v1.12) so here are the whitewall shots for comparo purposes:

Also, you can hit up the links in my sig to compare indoor shots at 5m.

Cheers,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@v54 - do post your impressions if you decide to get it =)

@kj2 - The Sunwayman 18650 batteries should be available soon. They are protected and 2600mAh. Should be around $13 USD.

kj2

Flashaholic
@kj2 - The Sunwayman 18650 batteries should be available soon. They are protected and 2600mAh. Should be around $13 USD.
Thanks :) -Still wonder why manufactures don't use the new 2900/3100mAh batteries?? I know some protected 3100mAh are to big (long) to put in most lights. Can be a reason..

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im always worried when i bring such light to sea water
i.e. exposed electrode + conductive liquid
I hope that they would provide some solution to this like having a cap sealing the tail

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
May i know the beam angle?
Im interested in this light whether its uber-floody or normal-floody
About to buy it
TYVM

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given the relatively shallow reflector, it's more of a flooder than thrower. It slots between the TM11 and TN30 in terms of flood/throw combo.

If you click on Pt. 2 of my indoor shots in my sig, you can compare beam profile vs. T40CS since you have that one (but there are many other lights you can compare to as well).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
to turboBB - This is a great review! Good thing they went with the series battery config. for greater efficiency. A clean solid light! Thanks for all your work you put into it for the rest of us to enjoy!

Just compared this to my TM11 and it definitely beats it for lumens both on Turbo and Hi. The new lightweight champ!

to rufus: Just a few questions.

1) What about throw? Does it noticeably out throw the TM11 ?
2) How about tailstanding - does it wobble a lot?
thanks

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@jh333233 - I forgot to mention, I have outdoor shots of TM11, TN30 and T40CS here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Camping-Report-(24-XM-L-lights-beamshots-vids)

As mentioned, the T60CS is in between the TM11 and TN30 for both flood and throw.

@carl - Thx! and until rufus replies, you can also check the link above for a rough idea of how the T60CS throw and beam profile will be like. It will out-throw the TM11 by a little. As for the tailstanding, as mentioned since the new end cap is slightly tapered, it does tend to wobble if not set down perfectly flat. It's definitely not as stable as the V60CS which has a perfectly flat base and only marginally worse than the TM11 which also has a tapered end.

Cheers,
Tim

rufus001

Enlightened
to rufus: Just a few questions.

1) What about throw? Does it noticeably out throw the TM11 ?
2) How about tailstanding - does it wobble a lot?
thanks

No competition. Even if you ignore the T60CS turbo and compare it's high setting to the TM11's turbo I get at least 25% more lux. With fully charged batteries and on Turbo the difference would be even greater.

It doesn't wobble at all. It does sit on the smaller diameter charging port though and therefore is more susceptible to bumps than the TM11 though.

I hate to say it as the TM11 was my first proper "flooder" but the T60CS, in my opinion, is clearly the better torch.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
One way to stop the tail charger
stuff something inside the tube to insulate it
since the battery carrier only need 1 side to work