Sunwayman T60CS Review (3 x XM-L U2 | 3 x 18650 / 6 x 16340)

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup or you could use a piece of electrical tape over one of the positive contacts. However, you'll need to then consistenly insert that end towards the tailcap and reverse it when charging.

On turbo I just measured the T60CS' lux @ 1m to be 27.3K vs. 22.1K for the TM11.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
No competition. Even if you ignore the T60CS turbo and compare it's high setting to the TM11's turbo I get at least 25% more lux. With fully charged batteries and on Turbo the difference would be even greater.

It doesn't wobble at all. It does sit on the smaller diameter charging port though and therefore is more susceptible to bumps than the TM11 though.

I hate to say it as the TM11 was my first proper "flooder" but the T60CS, in my opinion, is clearly the better torch.

Thanks rufus! More good news for the T60CS! I do wonder though why they didn't make it flat. But I guess its no big deal.

BTW, I wonder if the tail will short out in the rain.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
turboBB - Awesome outdoor shots for us to compare all the lights! Thanks again for helping the rest of us by taking the guesswork out of trying to compare all the lights!

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
K. Seriously the fuse is god D easy to get blown
Mine just failed during camping with no obvious reason, but by investigating afterward, ive found out the built-in fuse was blown, maybe some metal in my backpack swiped on the tail.
Whatever, ive managed to DIY a bypass to restore the function since the fuse wasnt quite "well-hidden"
between the positive terminal 1 and central rod, you can see it obviously on the board.
Gotta share the photo if i suceed

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for posting that! I wonder if there's enough room for a mini-automotive fuse (w/some plastic shaved off) to be soldered in between... Gotta look into this now. ;)

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for posting that! I wonder if there's enough room for a mini-automotive fuse (w/some platic shaved off) to be soldered in between... Gotta look into this now. ;)

My cam couldnt micro well but it was a black thing with Y written on it
That thing looked like resistor and capacitor, a tiny rectangle box

BTW: i believe doing so voids the warranty
Since mine was bought on a 25% off discount and i was too excited that i forgot to take my receipt, besides i dont wanna mess with the service dept. Im sure that the service will never be Surefire-grade so ive done it myself

I will not take the responsibility for any unfortunate incidents:whistle:

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
TurboBB - once again thanks for the review here and the youtube video - all great work!

Question: Sunwayman claims a 20 lumen low. Do you think this is accurate or is it higher?

Also, the battery tube doesn't screw into the head as far with the battery carrier in place (when compared with the battery carrier out of the battery tube). Is this ok? thanks.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
TurboBB - once again thanks for the review here and the youtube video - all great work!

Question: Sunwayman claims a 20 lumen low. Do you think this is accurate or is it higher?

Also, the battery tube doesn't screw into the head as far with the battery carrier in place (when compared with the battery carrier out of the battery tube). Is this ok? thanks.

This is normal.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
carl, in general, Sunwayman has been conservative re: their output claims. In the case of the T60CS I've measured on my PVC LMD a bit higher on all levels (vs. claims):
Turbo
High
Med
Low
SWM
PVC LMD

Sunwayman utilizes ANSI FL1 which dictates that the average ouput of a minimum sample of three lights is to be used. My measurements are based solely on the single sample I've received for testing and done on my home made PVC LMD setup which has been vetted through at PF18 and with many various other lights. However, my numbers shouldn't be construed as 100% accurate; rather I post them for relative comparitive purposes amongst all the lights I've reviewed/tested.

As for the battery carrier fit, as jh333233 mentioned, this is normal and I've raised this in my Fit & Finish section. I've noticed this with the V60C as well. Sunwayman had informed me that they'll tighten this up on future builds. One thing you might want to check though is to ensure that all the screws on the carrier are reasonably tight. I noticed that one of the screws was a bit loose and contributing to the gap.

Cheers,
Tim

indenial

Enlightened
Yup or you could use a piece of electrical tape over one of the positive contacts. However, you'll need to then consistenly insert that end towards the tailcap and reverse it when charging.

On turbo I just measured the T60CS' lux @ 1m to be 27.3K vs. 22.1K for the TM11.

Just to clarify, would taking this measure prevent blowing the carrier fuse? Thanks!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
turboBB and jh - thanks for your input. As far as the low 55 lumens, I was asking because low would be for my midnite-bathroom-run. I prefer 20 lumens but I guess better that they err on the side of low numbers rather than too high and overstated.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to clarify, would taking this measure prevent blowing the carrier fuse? Thanks!
I guess yes since the resistance of the jury-rigged bridge should be much lower than the fuse
But it also increases the risk of shorting at the same time to caution must be taken too in order to protect the user.
IMO i prefer working on the fuse directly than soldering a wire on the button since it would be less likely to damage the home-made bridge

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
turboBB and jh - thanks for your input. As far as the low 55 lumens, I was asking because low would be for my midnite-bathroom-run. I prefer 20 lumens but I guess better that they err on the side of low numbers rather than too high and overstated.

Disclaimer: I liked this light
The low mode is easy on eye even with fully adapted vision so it wont cause many discomfort, based on the low lux instead of high lumen due to the epic flood profile
But a lower-low would be helpful for battery conservation despite the low mode lasts 60hr

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@carl - unlike jh333233, I find the lowest mode slightly bright for my fully* dark adapted eyes (after I've been asleep for 2-3 hrs and then wake up). Again, it could be that I have an overachieving sample, in which case, that would be undersirable for the lowest mode but just providing another POV for your consideration. However, as he mentioned, given the very floody profile, there is no intense hotspot thus it should be easier on the eyes even if slightly bright.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@indy - I wouldn't say it would totally eliminate the risk of shorts since the electrical tape can always be pierced but it greatly reduces the likelihood of it happening. I'm going to take apart the carrier and run some additional experiments later and will post back the results.

Cheers,
Tim

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
turboBB and jh - once again, thank you very much for your input.

Its the best looking 3x18650 for sure. Love that side switch - right in the head! And sure, its longer than the TM11 but that's because it has a recharger feature in the tail and has a battery carrier for running the batteries in series - both great features and worth the extra overall length. And much smoother beam than the TN30.

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or you can even insulate the central rod @ 1 side i guess, but i dont know whether it would cause "breaking of circuit" or not

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, so I finally got around to disassembling the carrier and here's a pic of that fuse (resistor?) for those curious:
18868b2.jpg

I suppose if one were able to source that part and has very steady hands and a magnifier, it can be replaced.