Surefire 6P lens removal tool?

Forgoten214

Enlightened
I just emailed the guy who sells them and he wants $20 shipped for the stainless strike bezel and lens removal tool. You can PM me and I'll send you his contact info.

I would like to know where to get one of those too.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too sure if it is the same size but I just tried the bezel removal tool for my JetBeam III M and it was a perfect fit for my UltraFire 6P clone.
Bezel Removal Tool
Norm

Edit: Interesting thing was the JB bezel and the UF bezel were interchangeable. Remember this is a clone 6P YMMV.
I sent BOG an email asking whether this would fit the 6P bezels, as I'd like to buy one, along with a few other things if so.
Didn't realize there were six different versions until after I'd sent the email, though:shakehead
Maybe they'll figure it out.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I sent BOG an email asking whether this would fit the 6P bezels, as I'd like to buy one, along with a few other things if so.
Didn't realize there were six different versions until after I'd sent the email, though:shakehead
Maybe they'll figure it out.
Mine is for the Jet III M, hope that helps.
Norm

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I wish surefire made some stainless rings like the stock flat plastic one. Also my 6PD has 5 indents and my 9P has 6 on the plastic ring. Oh and the guy selling the stainless strike bezel ring raised his price 5 dollars. Better yet if Malkoff made some stainless bezel rings that fit the 6p/9p that would cover the white ring around his drop in I bet those would sell like crazy.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I wish surefire made some stainless rings like the stock flat plastic one. Also my 6PD has 5 indents and my 9P has 6 on the plastic ring. Oh and the guy selling the stainless strike bezel ring raised his price 5 dollars. Better yet if Malkoff made some stainless bezel rings that fit the 6p/9p that would cover the white ring around his drop in I bet those would sell like crazy.
I thought you might find this of interest:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/230375
Fingers crossed...

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am looking for such a tool, but no dice.
Have asked RPM regarding the possibility to make a tool for the 6P/M2/etc. bezel some months ago. His answer: "No plans to."

bagman

Enlightened
After reading this thread I ordered one of the Jetbeam III M tools from a UK dealer, it arrived today and it worked perfectly taking the bezel ring from a SF G2L (it was one of the new Alu bezels with a flat black finish and "plastic" lens).

I dont have any other SF 1.25" bezels to try it on at home but have a couple of UCL's to pop into my work SF heads so will try on thursday when back.

FlashlightKid

Newly Enlightened
If the G2 is the same as the 6P in bezel size, I was able to remove mine using my iPod Shuffle clip. Tried pliers and a screwdriver but only managed to damage the lens. If using second generation (square looking) shuffle you just squeeze to open the clip then the end sticking up is the perfect size to run the diameter of the lens.

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened
Flashlightlens.com now offers a great little acrylic bezel ring removal tool for Surefire 6P/C2/Z2 bezels. It won't scratch the retainer ring like metal tools might, if they slip. Also, it is oriented inside and outside to fit precisely. It works great with the Solarforce L2 stainless steel bezel rings too. Just $2.50. I got a pair of them. Uses a quarter or similar sized coin in the slot for leverage.

http://www.flashlightlens.com/str/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=retaintool

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
To remove the orginal window, simply use a Nail, and apply presure by hammering it thru the window. This will crack the window and give you space so you can unscrew the retaining ring.

you wont need the orginal window anyways since ur replacing it right?:laughing:

Norm

Retired Administrator
This is the best bezel removal tool I have, far better than the plastic JetBeam tool.

sssquare.jpg

I is just a square of stainless steel cut to fit the nicks in the SolarForce L2 bezel, it came supplied with the bezel shown above, purchased frome member Roadie.
Never slips and you can use a lot more force than you can using the JetBeam tool.
It may not fit a Surefire light but the idea is the easy to duplicate.
Norm

Last edited:

brunt_sp

Enlightened
It's great to have the right tool for the job. I like the Flashlightlens one. Now I'd like a ready made version for the M2 and M3 heads. Any suggestions of stockists ?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do I get replacement glass for 6P bezel, that's as tough as the original?

I don't want the UCL glass as I understand it's more fragile, even if it lets more light through.

Perhaps 6P bezel is not as tough, as I broke 2 in a row. One from a minor fall and the other one I am not even aware of being dropped, just discovered it broken one day.

Latest posts