Surefire 6P lens removal tool?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
An easy way to increase torque is 'handedness'. If you need 1 hand to grip the tool, that leaves you with only 1 hand to grip the bezel. 0 hands for the tool and you double your grip on the bezel.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vintage 6P bezels have snap in lenses. These usually lack the hex of bezels made only in the last decade.

thanks for that info! so i finally popped the lens out, so can I replace it with a new glass piece like EDC+ carries? or do I need a retaining ring style head?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The snap in design requires a plastic lens than can bend upon insertion. These were available as Z17 kits, but no longer. Glass lens cannot bend and so cannot be used in these bezels. You'll need to replace the bezel with retainer ring compatible setup. The closest current option is the smoothie bezel.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
The snap in design requires a plastic lens than can bend upon insertion. These were available as Z17 kits, but no longer. Glass lens cannot bend and so cannot be used in these bezels. You'll need to replace the bezel with retainer ring compatible setup. The closest current option is the smoothie bezel.

thank you. well, i guess i need a new head/bezel then :(

what's a good one that has good thermal properties that still fits a P60 dropin? or do all of them fit the P60s?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
what's a good one that has good thermal properties that still fits a P60 dropin? or do all of them fit the P60s?

Pretty much any bezel out there is made to be Z44 compatible, fitting 1) 6P style bodies, 2) Z44 bezel rings/lenses, and 3) P60 drop ins. The only exception I can think of, the cryos 2 uses larger lens/rings, but still works with 1&2 and there is also the cryos 1 that works with 1, 2, and 3. SF Z44 bezels (hex) and the smoothie (no hex) are direct replacements for your current bezel, also supporting 1, 2, and 3.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much any bezel out there is made to be Z44 compatible, fitting 1) 6P style bodies, 2) Z44 bezel rings/lenses, and 3) P60 drop ins. The only exception I can think of, the cryos 2 uses larger lens/rings, but still works with 1&2 and there is also the cryos 1 that works with 1, 2, and 3. SF Z44 bezels (hex) and the smoothie (no hex) are direct replacements for your current bezel, also supporting 1, 2, and 3.

Thanks so much for the advice! I'll hit up y'all at over ready eventually to buy some bored bodies and so on :)

Latest posts