Surefire 9P + 2 x Eneloops + M61WLL (Yes, I already searched!)

jonesy

Enlightened
Not sure if it's already been posted, but can the 61LLL run on one primary CR123 in a 3P?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
Yes. But at significantly reduced brightness, and in direct drive.

Since its running in direct drive, does it even matter what version of M61 it is? Shouldn't I get the same runtime of a set of AA's whether its an M61, M61L, LL, or LLL? The brightness looks to be about the same between each module as well on AA's.

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Shouldn't I get the same runtime of a set of AA's whether its an M61, M61L, LL, or LLL? The brightness looks to be about the same between each module as well on AA's.

I do not think that an L is the same brightness as an LL or an LLL. Certainly their efficiencies are different enough to allow for different (longer) runtimes depending on how many "L"s you have. If what you suggest is true, Gene would not need to differentiate between his differerent low-light offerings.

BIG45-70

Enlightened
There are obviously different when run with proper voltage, however my M61HCRI and M61WLL look very close when I'm running them in a 9P with a set of AA's in direct drive. I'll have to do a runtime test and see if I get the same runtime in my M61 that I do in my M61WLL with AA's.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from wrapping them in paper the length is good? I think I found new love for my Surefire G3 ;)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
That's right! Length is just right.

My M61NLLL is in a G3.
Black flat bezel ring, yellow nitrolon bezel, UCL lens, black G3 body, old Novatac clip, yellow nitrolon tail, McClicky, black soft boot. Handsome lol

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire 9P + 2 x Eneloops + XP-G 3 mode low voltage drop in

For the moment (waiting until I get the funds for a M61NLLL), I am running a Surefire 9P with 2-AA Duraloops and a cheap Solarforce XP-G 3 mode (H-M-L) low voltage (.8-4.2v) drop in. I am amazed at the amount of light emitted. It is a cool white drop in (I am not a fan of cool white light). I have not done any run times, but it makes the 9P a very versatile host. :thumbsup:

Just FYI, I use a piece of clear 5/8ths ID rubber tubing (hardware store quality) and I slit the full length of the tube top to bottom. The tube fits snug inside the 9P host, and the AA's fit inside the tube. It is tight, but works pretty good. I have no battery rattle at all. :) I cut the tube so it is about 1/4" short of the 2-AA's on both top and bottom to avoid issues with the drop in and the tail cap.

BIG45-70

Enlightened

I've been running a runtime test on a M61HCRI with two AA alkalines. Currently I'm at 16 hours with similar if not the same output from when the test began. I'll post results as soon as the batteries are drained!

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow. About how many lumens of output would you guesstimate?

BIG45-70

Enlightened

Maybe 30ish or so lumens when the test began but that is only a guestimate. I'm now at 24 hours and It has dropped but still plenty of usable light and about 25 meters of throw.