Surefire C2 Upgrades?

antikythera

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I just finished installing the upgrades. The bezel looks great, and the light is seriously bright now (albeit with a fairly lousy beam pattern)!

One question though, when I was installing the bezel (an Oveready Smooth SS Polished ring), I noticed that it came with an O-ring. However, when I swapped the provided O-ring for the flat gasket as per instructions, I was unable to fully tighten the bezel, as the head kept slipping (something that didn't happen even when I removed the stock bezel).

I then re-installed the bezel ring with the gasket, but when I tightened it down, there was less resistance than I find comfortable. Do I use this O-ring or not? I could try using a broad rubber band for grip, I suppose, but I don't want to over-torque the threads or risk lens damage.

SixM

Newly Enlightened
Which tailcap did you use for this multi-mode drop-in? And where did you get the Manafont 5-mode?

I'm using the the stock C2 tailcap, and the dropin was ordered from Manafont, search "drop-in module" and it will give you multiple options.

Last edited:

geezer

Newly Enlightened
One question though, when I was installing the bezel (an Oveready Smooth SS Polished ring), I noticed that it came with an O-ring. However, when I swapped the provided O-ring for the flat gasket as per instructions, I was unable to fully tighten the bezel, as the head kept slipping (something that didn't happen even when I removed the stock bezel).

I then re-installed the bezel ring with the gasket, but when I tightened it down, there was less resistance than I find comfortable. Do I use this O-ring or not? I could try using a broad rubber band for grip, I suppose, but I don't want to over-torque the threads or risk lens damage.

I have installed Oveready bezels on four of my C2-HA lights and used the supplied O-ring with each of them. The tool they sell for this purpose makes removal and installation simple.

antikythera

Newly Enlightened
I have installed Oveready bezels on four of my C2-HA lights and used the supplied O-ring with each of them. The tool they sell for this purpose makes removal and installation simple.

Yes, I am using that tool, but it seems to require an excessive amount of force to get the bezel in place. As I said, it was easier to overcome the Loctite than it is to get the new bezel and supplied O-ring on.

EDIT: I re-installed the bezel with the new O-ring, and while I'm sure it's waterproof given how much I was torquing down on it, there is still a tiny gap between the bezel and the head. Is this normal?

Last edited:

purelite

Enlightened
Yes that has happened to me also on a cpl different heads. It seems to depend on when the threads bottom out and there can be variations. You can tighten down pretty good on the stock glass like you said. It is very thick glass

a6bn

Newly Enlightened
I installed the Oveready bezel ring on my SureFire C2 using the stock SureFire gasket. It tightened down normally with no gap. I've taken this light into my pool multiple times since then and it is completely waterproof down to 8 feet.

Last edited:

antikythera

Newly Enlightened
I installed the Oveready bezel ring on my SureFire C2 using the stock SureFire gasket. It tightened down normally with no gap. I've taken this light into my pool multiple times since then and it is completely waterproof down to 8 feet.

Yup, same here. I just felt that the amount of force required to tighten the bezel down didn't exactly inspire confidence in the light's waterproofness. Thanks for the info!