SureFire Dominator is coming

Tiresius

Enlightened
Anyone noticed the MASSIVE fins on this bad boy? They're not short, stubby fins. This thing is huge and I expect the light to be pushed hard and they will do their job as well.

Hey guys, I wonder if SF will make a car charger port for their rechargeable pack--Assuming they did developed one. OR a built-in external port like how they did with their hellfighter.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I posted a product photo from optics planet on page 1, even took the time to rehost it to spare the lecture about hotlinking. somewhere along the way Norm had it deleted:ohgeez:
Can you point me to the post, I don't see where any image has been deleted form page one, I apologise if I deleted an image you hosted, a quick PM would have cleared things up , none of us are perfect.

Norm

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the flashlight in the background in this pic, it looks like the UB3T but with a thicker body?

It's the UBR invictus; the rechargeable version of the UB3T. It's in the 2011 and 2012 catalogs but hasn't been released yet.

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't read the above post.

Illum

Flashaholic
Can you point me to the post, I don't see where any image has been deleted form page one, I apologise if I deleted an image you hosted, a quick PM would have cleared things up , none of us are perfect.

Norm

its no longer there, which is fine.
I merely copy and pasted the specs over from optics planet as the beginning of the thread there wasn't much to discuss about other than the name Dominator. We are way past that now, no need to recover it. It was post 5 or 6 right below scaru's off topic promotion of another light. if anyone needs the info, see http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefir...lumens-rechargeable-led-flashlight-black.html

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Still not up on SF's website, as far as I can tell. Kind of strange. Did I miss it?

No you didn't :)
Most companies feature their new products at SHOT long before it ends up on their website, I'm guessing this is one way to keep it low profile with the exception to the targeted audience. On the side note though, "Dominator" is the nickname... its more accurate to search using the part number. In this case UDR-A-BK :)

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I'm guessing the Annihilator will compete with the Hellfighter. If it's a single-die LED, then it will be something pretty special.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last ShotShow the Annihilator was a weapon light for big machine guns (I guess the weapon light version of the Dominator), now it appears it has become a handheld flashlight with 4000 lm and a TIR lens. From the picture found here it also looks like the head has become smaller compared to the Dominator? It will be really interesting to see how much throw it has.

Pöbel

Enlightened
Is it safe to run so many primaries on a light that will draw a lot out of them?

Surefire has made lights requiring that many primary cells before. On the new Dominiator this will surely be only a fall-back solution but it can be done. Considering the price of 12 primaries a rechagable setup is much more useful anyways.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this does come out I wonder if the price'll drop by half after six months like the M3LT did. If that's the case I might sell my Hellfighter and buy one.

Keithnielsen

Newly Enlightened
It have looked like one of the SureFire catalog lights never going to happen, but it is now available for pre order, so it is finally becoming available!
Anyone else planing to get this?

This has been coming since Shotshow 2012. Not holding my breath for it to actually see the light of day. B&H Photo and Optics Planet have had it for pre order for over a year.

Bajades

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know with any certainty the LED that is used in the Dominator?

Treeguy

Enlightened
I have no justifiable reason to own such a light, nor do I have the money to afford such a light, but I admit to a certain desire to own the light because, quite simply, it's pretty ******* cool.

Thus the alpha and omega of my argument. :)

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
Something else I want...great; I'm more interested in the annihlator though