SureFire Dominator is coming

johnny0000

Newly Enlightened
Every time I go to Shot Show, I make certain to hit up the Surefire booth. I'm always amazed, but once the feeling sets in that I'll never see any of there new products or it'll take a year or so to hit shelves...then I feel sad.:(

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SureFire UDR Dominator is currently listed as 9-11 day ETA on the LA Police Gear site.

Listed for $959 with a MSRP of $1370

The SureFire UDR Dominator is SureFire's most powerful LED rechargeable flashlight. It features an 11-setting selector ring. It's output is an incredible 2,000 lumens (40,000 candela).

Features:

Rechargeable: Integrated lithium-ion battery does not require removal or cradle for recharging.
Dual Fuel: Powered by lithium ion, 123A lithium, or other battery types.
Fuel Gauge: Indicates battery charge level.
Selector Ring: Selects output levels, strobe, and other modes.
Strobe: Strobing light for tactical applications.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the candela rating was upped to something like 130,000 candela. its mind boggling how long this light has been in the works. was it the 2011 shot show?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
idk, but it does not look appealing to me, i'm sure it is great light, but SF used to have someting "wow" about the way their lights looked, they lost it. cover SF logo and you would not know it is SF.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a chance to play around with one at the DSEi 2013 at the Excel along with the P3X Fury and one other.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Let's be honest ... SureFire gets a hallpass because of their history in the flashlight industry as well as their reputation in producing well-made, well-liked lights for the consumer market.

But their maddening habit of presenting "products" that quickly become vaporware, advertising products that never show up ... this kind of behaviour wouldn't be tolerated if it was any other manufacturer.

And slowly the tolerance to this has moved on to become apathy ...

If SF is doing well servicing the military market then that's great for them ... I hope for their sakes that they don't or will ever not need the consumer industry and their opinions to keep them successful or in business. That's the risk they are taking.

AIRASSAULT18B

Newly Enlightened
Let's be honest ... SureFire gets a hallpass because of their history in the flashlight industry as well as their reputation in producing well-made, well-liked lights for the consumer market.

But their maddening habit of presenting "products" that quickly become vaporware, advertising products that never show up ... this kind of behaviour wouldn't be tolerated if it was any other manufacturer. And slowly the tolerance to this has moved on to become apathy ... If SF is doing well servicing the military market then that's great for them ... I hope for their sakes that they don't or will ever not need the consumer industry and their opinions to keep them successful or in business. That's the risk they are taking.

Surefire is like FN making weapons for the military & Glock for the police. All high quality products. The factories pump them out 24/7 & still cant keep up with demand. The civilian market for these companies are almost a after thought. All the companies mentioned have warranty service that their competitors can only promise. I have personally had equipment destroyed during operations and Surefire replaced without a shred of product to examine. Try that with any other manufacture. Also so you don't worry about their consumer business suffering there have been millions of various servicemen using their products in life or death situations for decades. With that just like the M16 family of firearms that are now the number one weapon family AR-M4 style semi auto being sold to veterans & non vets as well. Surefire has the same following. Veterans tend to buy what is familiar & proven. Non vets tend to follow the trend of buying the same type of gear being used by our police & military. So the civilian market for said companies to include Surefire now & in the future is only limited to what they want to sell in this market. I myself own everything from a Armytec to a Zebralight but, when you really need a light for something more then looking at white walls I would only count on any of my Surefire lights.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
QUOTE=GordoJones88;4111841]This thread would be so much better with pic.

8369043301_b4c8c38c83_c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You are right we need a photo! That is wicked! I am in for one...you have to feel sorry for my poor neighbors. They will hate this one. Then, love it when I catch another prowler and kick him out the gate of our private country club!

Surefire Rules!

Best,

NR

Last edited:

Meatybacchus478

Newly Enlightened
Any updates?

Why does the annihilator appear so much smaller than the dominator, but offer 2x the output?

KROMATICS

Enlightened
So whatever happened to the Dominator? Is it another in a long list of flashlights we'll never see?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was really getting my hopes up about the Dominator a couple of months ago but nothing has come of it yet. I'm still optimistic that they have at least one more product to release this year. Otherwise, we will have to wait until Shot Show to see them again.

vegassig

Newly Enlightened
Search and rescue with a $1000 flashlight? If I was found be a rescuer holding a $1000 flashlight, I would ask why they didn't just hire a few more searchers instead of spending $1000 on a flashlight.

Equipment for a lot of those jobs come from individual officer/volunteer/rescue staff funds, some depts provide an allowance or a cheap light, if you want better, you buy it yourself. That's how my department is.
All that aside, it will probably be a great light, I've never been dissatisfied with any light I've had from them. I will probably buy one when they drop the price by 60% a year after it comes out.